• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Apple App Store Error Message

Anonymouse

Question

I recently brought a new 27" i7 Apple imac running OSX 10.8

I decided to install the last version of Toast that I brought which is Toast 9

After the installation I was prompted to download and install the 9.0.7a update.

Whilst toast 9 worked fine the update didn't and I got an error message saying the Apps store saying the software was from an unrecognised developer and refused to run it.

I have reinstalled the original version 9 but would like to know if other people have had the same message ?

I don't know why the Apple App store interviend in this way as I did not buy the software from them anyway.

I know I should upgrade to a latter version but having paid out for every version from 3 onwards including two copies of 7 and 8

I am quite happy as I am for the time being and I don't use the product that much.

So any answers please. I would also point out that I am disabled with a degenerative nurological condition of the brain and central nervous system so nothing to technical please.

Mr Mouse

1 answer to this question

That's a new feature in Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) called Gate Keeper. It helps keep you from installing malware. However, you can trust that Roxio's software is safe, so you can disable Gate Keeper in order to install the Toast update. Open System Preferences and click on the Security and Privacy panel. Select the General tab and click the padlock on the lower left. After entering your password you now can change to Allow Applications Downloaded from: Anywhere. After you launch the Toast 9 update you can go back and change the preference back if you like. This interferes only with the first launch of unsupported apps. Roxio probably could fix this but they aren't doing updates any more for Toast 9.