• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Drive Won't Read Roxio Installing Software Disc.

JackC345

Question

I recently bought a Roxio Game Capture device and at first I had no problems, I set it up fine, and bought a component cable. Everything was (and is) set up perfectly and no wires are loose.

My problem is when I put the Roxio CD that came with the GameCap into my laptop, nothing reads. Basically, when I open 'My Computer' where it should say the disc it says 'DVD RW Drive (D:.)'. I click on this and it says 'Please insert a disc' and my drive clicks open.

I have checked and the disc isn't scratched, and other discs such as games and music work just fine.

If I could gather some help from this it would be great, as I don't want to waste even more money on a technician that I may not need.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I recently bought a Roxio Game Capture device and at first I had no problems, I set it up fine, and bought a component cable. Everything was (and is) set up perfectly and no wires are loose.

My problem is when I put the Roxio CD that came with the GameCap into my laptop, nothing reads. Basically, when I open 'My Computer' where it should say the disc it says 'DVD RW Drive (D:.)'. I click on this and it says 'Please insert a disc' and my drive clicks open.

I have checked and the disc isn't scratched, and other discs such as games and music work just fine.

If I could gather some help from this it would be great, as I don't want to waste even more money on a technician that I may not need.

Thanks.

If you didn't put the disc in upside down and your drive works with other DVD media (it's not a CD)?

Return it...