• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Black Outline When Editing?

gunner696

Question

I encountered a problem while editing. Until the last two weeks, everything was fine but now all my videos that I edit have a small black border around them. This could be something I changed as I did change some settings to adapt to pictures and overlays (the settings where production settings>default handling for non 16:9 sources>fill screen/show entire source. I flick through both these settings and none seem to work). This never happened before. I'll attach a pic of a production with the black border. Thanks

post-109038-0-38111200-1365611035_thumb.png

Edited by gunner696

7 answers to this question

The issue is your Source in anamorphic, meaning a non-16:9 picture pasted into a 16:9 container :huh:

The "Fill Frame" & "Show all" ONLY apply to 4:3 source...

Personally, I would ignore, no one will notice but the anal retentive, who don't even understand aspect ratios :lol:

Or you will have to use a Color Panel on the Video Track & add your clip as an Overlay... Then you can tinker with the size to fill the width BUT you will loose (crop) from the Top & Bottom ;)

I guess I'll have to ignore it for now. But what I don't understand is how this changed automatically? I haven't changed my set-up nor have I changed any settings on the console. I can even bring in clips from before this began to happen and they still dont have the black border around them, only the recent clips do?

It would have to be a setting in your game console???

Also check the game to see what it says???

A good easy test is to use a DVD/BD Player with HDMI or Component output and slap a true 16:9 disc in it (check the label as I said 16:9 is mostly ignored by the studios).

You can see my DVD Cap is pretty obvious as it was a 4:3 that I made brought into a 16:9 Project.

ok, so I checked the example above properties (frame width and frame height) which was 720x480. Then I check a previous video that had no problems and it was 1920x1080. Any idea how I would get it back to 1920x1080? Would it be a setting on the Xbox? or maybe a setting while capturing? It was the same game in both examples also.

Edited by gunner696