• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Hd Game Capture Problem (Detailed Problem)

Kai Hiwatarii

Question

Hey hey there!

I bought this capturecard after hearing so many good things about it and was highly satisfied with it.

I hope someone can help me.

SETUP

I have the ROXIO HD GAMECAP setup via HDMI to my Xbox360 & my TV

My devices/drivers look like the following;

1-2_zps47784c42.jpg

My Computer Specs;

5-1_zps110a6795.jpg

PROBLEM

It was working perfectlly over the last couple of days, no issues what so ever, I could stream in 720p for over 3 hours & I could record the highest quality and everything was perfect.

I woke up however this morning to find that it wasn't working and it kept crashing. I had miltiple problems which some of you kind people here were able to fix (Like the no signal problem etc)

However I am left with one problem now. I can see my xbox perfectly on my Tv But when I go into the 'Capture' section on the software, I cannot see a preview of what I am recording (In this instance; an xbox 360) however I can hear it perfectly. Curious, I hit record and and it recorded just fine. I could see whatever I did on the xbox clearly dispite it not showing up on the preview.

So again, curious I then went and tried 'live streaming' and again I could live stream no problem... again dispite the purple preview screen although after 20 minutes the program crashes and goes offline.

Even though its still kinda working, its not funcioning as perfectly or as it should. I just dunno how as it was perfect the last few days.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

I tried to run the disc repair feature which I thought would help however hasn't x3

I tried reattaching all the cables and running it again

I tried disabling and enabling the driver

Screenshoots

3-2_zps4a93372a.jpg

^ My Roxio Software Setup with Purple Screen (Notice the videos recorded fine at the bottom and the Signal says ready) At this point I can hear audio.

7-1_zps62f36a82.jpg

^ Showing that I am live streaming fine but with still no preview

4-1_zps107a7b00.jpg

^ Showing that the setup has now crashed after streaming for 20 mins

2 answers to this question

Honestly as your PC is below spec, I am surprised you were happy with it at all???

You are running an Intel 1.4 GHz whereas a 1.8 GHz is minimum and a 2.3 is recommended for 1080 recording :huh:

I would really suspect your video card drivers & software... Check to see if there is any update for them and if they updated recently, try rollback to the previous version.

The next step would be through cleansing and reinstall with this procedure:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Let us know how you make out ;)