Stuck On "writing Lead-Out"

RSVP Creative

Question

Hi folks- I've tried twice now to burn a folder containing about 95GB of data to 5 spanned Blu Ray discs on an external Digistor BR burner. Toast acts fine to begin with, warning that it will span over 5 discs. On both occasions all goes well until the 4th BRD. It's frozen on "Writing Lead-out". I event left it overnight and it was still frozen. This sucks. Any help would be appreciated. I'm really holding out for Toast 12. I just know the day I upgrade to 11 they'll release 12.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

2 answers to this question

I don't think there will be a Toast 12 any time soon. I don't have any experience with spanning to blu-ray media so I can't confirm if this is something Toast 11 can do better than Toast 10. Roxio completely rewrote the latest update to Toast 11 which has one downside: it burns discs much more slowly. Otherwise the rewrite may be a resolution to what you've encountered. The last I looked Roxio still offers the 30-day refund option for online purchases of Toast 11.

I generally have only spanned 3 bd-r data with success. I have not spanned any bd-dl, but have had great success burning bd-dl with Optical Quantum and Phillips. Avg cost $3.50 to $4.50/disc. I know that Toast 11 supports the bd-xl, but those are way too high.