• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Matthew Moran

Play All Slideshows

Question

I am creating a DVD to view photos and I've made a number of slideshows from my main menu. However I would like to create a "Play All" button to run the slideshows contiguously so people don't have to select each one to view them all.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've seen this in the forums for movies but not slideshows.

7 answers to this question

I am creating a DVD to view photos and I've made a number of slideshows from my main menu. However I would like to create a "Play All" button to run the slideshows contiguously so people don't have to select each one to view them all.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've seen this in the forums for movies but not slideshows.

It's the same for slide shows.

The problem is with having all your slideshows as Titles on the main menu. Only the Deluxe version can create an unlinked button that can play all Titles.

I would like to know where Roxio explains on its website which version of which software will give you "play all" functionality. I have looked! The product comparison page for MyDVD 8 Essentials vs Deluxe doesn't contain that item. I have already spent $100 on EMC8 (with lots of frustration on the menus, slideshow image limitations, poor help guide, don't get me started on RoxAnn). How do I know upgrading is really going to get me the tools I need?

I would like to know where Roxio explains on its website which version of which software will give you "play all" functionality. I have looked! The product comparison page for MyDVD 8 Essentials vs Deluxe doesn't contain that item. I have already spent $100 on EMC8 (with lots of frustration on the menus, slideshow image limitations, poor help guide, don't get me started on RoxAnn). How do I know upgrading is really going to get me the tools I need?

I take it that you bought the cheap model and want it to function like the Deluxe model.

Okay, Grandpabruce, how do I know that buying MyDVD 8 Deluxe will get me the play all functionality that I need if there is no documentation to tell me that? I mean, do I really need EMC 9 or will upgrading to Deluxe do the trick?

Okay, Grandpabruce, how do I know that buying MyDVD 8 Deluxe will get me the play all functionality that I need if there is no documentation to tell me that? I mean, do I really need EMC 9 or will upgrading to Deluxe do the trick?
MyDVD in EMC 8 Deluxe will give you the ability to create an unlinked button which you could then make into a Play All button. There is no documentation that specifically states that that I know of, you'll just have to take your fellow users word on that.

That said, IMHO, you would be better off getting EMC 9 instead. It is easier to do the Play All function, plus it has additional features and functionality that v 8 does not have. Both in MyDVD and VideoWave especially.