Merging Projects

mcoomer146

Question

11 answers to this question

Oh, wouldn't that be great!!!

I'm not at a PC, so try this...

Open your project. (VW)

Add new photo/movie and navigate to the location where you Project is saved.

TYPE IN the full saved project file name w/extension (xxxxxxxx.dmsm).

See if that will work, otherwise we go to Plan B :)

I'll have to get back on that ~ essentially it consists of competing a project then output it to a File.

Doing that with all the Projects that you want to combine...

Then loading all these 'Files' into a new project.

I don't think Roxio is unique in this - I have Sony Vegas and it cannot 'combine' project files either ;)

That's what I've been doing. I like using smaller projects because you can keep track of what you have easier but out-putting the video file is slow and takes up way to much room on the HD. Is there a feature request form anywhere?

Why do you say outputting to an intermediate video file is slow? The rendering is just as fast as if the segment is rendered within the full project.

If you are concerned about the video files taking up to much room on your hard drive then it is definitely time to get a larger drive.

I prefer working with smaller projects. If you work with multiple segment, full project and you make a simple change in a segment you have to render the whole project. If you make the same change in a segment project you only have to render the one segment again. So which method do you think is faster?