• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Video Capture Usb For Mac Synch Problems

southcove

Question

I bought what turns out to be the "old style" usb device at Best Buy. My camcorder has an S video out, so I used that connection, plus the two audio cables to connect to the usb device. I set the software to S Video, and digitized my first video. It appeared to work properly, and I proceeded to digitize MANY hours of tape. All the captures were recorded to .mov files, and played back in quicktime. Unfortunately I did not scrutinize those carefully. When I went to create my first movie with editing software, it became apparent that the audio and video are not synched. Off by perhaps 10 seconds.

Anybody have any ideas: how this happened? do I have to go back and redigitize hours of tape using a composite setting? Or is this device not capable of doing what it's supposed to do?

I'm using a MacPro with 10.6.8, 6 gigs of ram, NVIDIA GeForce CT 120 graphics card.

6 answers to this question

I bought what turns out to be the "old style" usb device at Best Buy. My camcorder has an S video out, so I used that connection, plus the two audio cables to connect to the usb device. I set the software to S Video, and digitized my first video. It appeared to work properly, and I proceeded to digitize MANY hours of tape. All the captures were recorded to .mov files, and played back in quicktime. Unfortunately I did not scrutinize those carefully. When I went to create my first movie with editing software, it became apparent that the audio and video are not synched. Off by perhaps 10 seconds.

Anybody have any ideas: how this happened? do I have to go back and redigitize hours of tape using a composite setting? Or is this device not capable of doing what it's supposed to do?

I'm using a MacPro with 10.6.8, 6 gigs of ram, NVIDIA GeForce CT 120 graphics card.

Choose the medium quality setting for capturing the video and the audio sync issue will be resolved. That setting records as a high-quality h.264 video so it looks every bit as good as the so-called best setting which records using Apple Intermediate Codec, plus it is a more compatible format.