Exporting Video

jamcrky

Question

Hello everyone, just upgraded to DVD PLUS3.......and getting use to the new features which seem to be really good (I think)

But then I try to export the video and it takes forever....an example is this starting exporting a 46:58 min video at 1:43 pm and came back at 9:10 pm and it was only at 43 percent. Is this normal? and if so how long can i expect a 46 min video to take. In the enhancement field i activated noise correction and color correction.....If someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.....Jim

Hello everyone, just upgraded to DVD PLUS3.......and getting use to the new features which seem to be really good (I think)

But then I try to export the video and it takes forever....an example is this starting exporting a 46:58 min video at 1:43 pm and came back at 9:10 pm and it was only at 43 percent. Is this normal? and if so how long can i expect a 46 min video to take. In the enhancement field i activated noise correction and color correction.....If someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.....Jim

You left out very important information in your post: your system specs, the amount of free space on your hard drive, the amount of defragmentation of your hard drive, any programs running in the background, etc.

Forget about doing any enhancements initially, they will slow you down.

Thanks much for the feedback....My computer is an older one, about 5 years old and i am using win 7 pro 64 bites....msi mobo with a amd quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram. As far as space i have, is not a problem...c>drive is 1 tb with at least 60% of free space. d>drive internal about the same as c drive. 2 externals drives but are 2tb......I always defrag about once a week......I have about 60 processors running in the background....

I would like to use all the advances of the software like noise and color enhancements...but if i cant export and render it of no use to me....I will try to transfer a VHS tape without the enhancements to see if it export correctly?

Tonight i am going to be online with one of the roxio's techs, and she will be checking out my problems with hopes that she can find the solution.

Once again thanks for all your help, and i will let you know what the tech found..............Jim

The whole "speed" issue is primarily based on your CPU and background operations you are running...

Pressing Win-Pause will give us the info about your CPU and your 'Windows Experience' number would be of some interest as well ;)

Video card is a factor too. (rendering uses built-in capability of the card when it can)

Your output settings also have a big effect on this as well!

EVD3 captures at HQ, so if you output at HQ it will roll along pretty well. Change that and it will really increase the time :huh:

Let us know how your phone call goes but keep in mind we have far more hands on experience than the majority of techs and are happy to work with you on this ;)

Jim thanks again for all the info....WOW! win pause never knew that....do i then print screen and add as attachment?

The video card is a ge force gt220 and i have it on balance.....the other options are performance or quality....

I will send all the info you need as some as i know how, Jim

The tech experience didn't go to well......after i told her this was an upgrade, she said she was going to uninstall (which took a long time) and then load a full version.

Pretty simple, but now when i tried to process and export i am now get an error....an unknown error, application will now shut down.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.......I do get this error from other application on occasions using other programs stating that the application will now shut down.

I think its some times I am overloading my system with to much data...usually i reboot and try again and it completes my task.. But in the case of the Roxio software its constantly getting the error.

Speaking of graphic cards, another error that i just started getting is this,Jim

The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adaptor. Please update your AMD graphics driver or enable AMD adaptor using displays manager....I thought this control center applied to my ATI card which i have but don's use anymore...jim which card in your opinion is the better card? This ATI card is radeon HD 5670

with 2gb of memory...

Sorry for all the info and errors Jim, but trying to give you as much info that you need, once again thanks so much for all the help Jim

You could just post the Win Experience number here as well as the PC info OR if you want to do a screen cap and post that, the Pic Posting info is HERE.

The GT 220 should be fine for now... Lets' get it working before throwing money at it ;)

The Tech was OK with their proceedure... But when the application crashes, ('application will now shut down') it indicates a corruption. :unsure:

Follow this Repair Process precisely:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device USB and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Next thing is to make sure you have your Video Card and Software up to date! They are not normally part of the Windows updates, so go to NVIDIA and check.

Also when you start your EVD3 Software, go into File-Preferences-Rendering and set it to Software! ~ it defaults to Hardware and this way we can eliminate the Video Card for now... ^_^

Jim since our last tread, i did uninstall the software.....the only problem i don's have a disc and cant seem to find a link on roxio's site.....the software is registered once i have the link i will follow your instructions and re-install the software....Thanks again Jim,

Thanks Jim, glad to hear that about my PC.....I also updated my graphics card as you suggested.

I don't know where the tech got the download from, i wasn't really paying much attention. This Tuesday i am going to hook up again with her, and have her follow all your suggestion, like the anti virus, firewall etc etc. Will let you know how it goes.....and once again Jim thank you for all the help..........Jim

post-112143-0-74264400-1367787107_thumb.png Jim i found the download file that the tech used and re-install following your instructions......Its still NG, getting that error which I added as attachment.............Can you make anything out of this? Prior to the tech helping i didn't receive this error. The only problem I had was an extremely long time in the rendering process. Thanks Jim

...next thing I pulled out of our little bag of tricks is...

But before you do this, try a fresh capture and export!

Nothing long, a couple of 10 second caps slapped together just to make sure the original is not corrupted ;)

If that too fails...

Unplug your Roxio Video Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Jim, just did an original short and the same error appear in the exporting/rendering phase.

I do have Revo loaded already, and normally I would have use this, but because I also have roxio creator 11 loaded

Its requires complete attention so I don't delete the wrong files. I can certainly give it my all and use REvo. The only other thing

Is the download. I don't have a disc so I used the file from my download files, the same as the tech, could this file be corrupt?

Please let me know what you think, Thanks much, Jim

Jim this is what I am getting using Revo, it seems to imply that i have 2 files for the same software? .....and these are the 2 download files i have with 2 different dates on them. 1 is 5/2/13 which is the 1 the tech used and then the 2nd is dated 4/12/13 which i assume is the when i upgraded from VHS/DVD original to DVD 3 plus... I think I used the 1st file, same as the tech when i i downloaded and re install the software which failed with that error mentioned.

rove roxio dvd 3.doc

roxio dwnload dvd3.doc

Jim this is what I am getting using Revo, it seems to imply that i have 2 files for the same software? .....and these are the 2 download files i have with 2 different dates on them. 1 is 5/2/13 which is the 1 the tech used and then the 2nd is dated 4/12/13 which i assume is the when i upgraded from VHS/DVD original to DVD 3 plus... I think I used the 1st file, same as the tech when i i downloaded and re install the software which failed with that error mentioned.

What 2 files are you talking about? Where does Revo imply you have 2 files for the same software?

It would be better to show the "details" listing with the size of the files.

Also why not attach the screen caps directly to your post instead og having to use 3rd part software.

Actually all your attachments show is that you have downloaded EVD3, twice...

And Revo found indications that you have have installed EVD2 (Easy VHS to DVD 201B) and EVD3 ~ normal in an upgrade...

I did indicate how to post a pic here, in my #6 posting.

WHAT ABOUT the testing I suggested in Post #12??? :huh:

Sorry Jim going though your post # 6 again and I guess I was suppose use paint instead of word pad. If so, will do in the future. I guess I am what you would call a older technological challenged person. Thanks for your patience.

As far as the test goes, I did try a short clean capture and still no good. getting that error and the software shuts down.

I did notice in Revo software, that it give me the option to repair which i did at the time but i didn't have the anti-virus, firewall etc turned off and resulted with the same problem. Should i try to repair the software again with anti-virus, firewall etc off?

Thanks again Jim

Jim thanks your the best........Ok did that, and completed the repairs on Dotnet.

The hook up with the techs (yes now there are 2 of them) didn't go really well. Keep on getting that error as in page #11.

So today I went and uninstalled all the software in revo........The with the disc from the original software before the upgrade VHS to DVD re installed that software. Then ran a 30 sec test that you had suggested earlier and everything went fine, right through to the processing.

After that ran the download for the upgrade dated 4/12/13 which is the one i ran when i upgraded........then ran the another 30 test and back to the error in the processing phase.

Jim Could there be a corrupt download file which is causing this?

Right now I have un- installed all the software............so there is nothing on my computer.........where do you think i should go from here...I was thinking of asking the techs for a disc of the software...............to re install

Jim this is the error i am getting after i re install the upgraded version.......and the other error is about the my ATI card which i dont have on my computer any longer.......

I didn't have these error, before the tech folks got involved. Not trying to blame them but its the truth.

My only problem or complaint was that i couldn't process a 46 mins video....

post-112143-0-61175500-1368048404_thumb.jpg

post-112143-0-26484300-1368048420_thumb.jpg

Jim did some more work on this problem tonight. Installed my ATI graphics card and the original software VHS to DVD. There are no errors on computer. Also did a quick 50 sec test and every thing work just fine......So all I have to is upgrade to the latest software VHS to DVD 3 plus, and then check that out. Do you have ideas where i would get the download? I sent a message to the techs pretty saying the same to them requesting a disc or a clean download for the Software. Jim thanks again big time for all your help......Jim