• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

vinceg

Picture In Picture In Creator 2012 Videowave....

Question

After chatting with Jennifer P. for 20 minutes about this, I was directed to this forum (I hope I am in the right one)...

I am looking to create a video for an instruction series, which would present an actor in a large window (800 x 600, e,g,) performing the activity being taught, with a small window (320 x 240?), open in a corner, presenting a narrator telling us what the actor is doing. This could be done with a simple voice-over, but I want to show the narrator actually doing one or two of the things in detail that are being done in the larger segment.

I was told by Jennifer P. that Creator NXT is said to have this capability, but was also directed to look at Corel VideoStudioUltimate X6.

If someone could let me know which of these products has this feature (Roxio would be my preference), I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

vinceg

11 answers to this question

After chatting with Jennifer P. for 20 minutes about this, I was directed to this forum (I hope I am in the right one)...

I am looking to create a video for an instruction series, which would present an actor in a large window (800 x 600, e,g,) performing the activity being taught, with a small window (320 x 240?), open in a corner, presenting a narrator telling us what the actor is doing. This could be done with a simple voice-over, but I want to show the narrator actually doing one or two of the things in detail that are being done in the larger segment.

I was told by Jennifer P. that Creator NXT is said to have this capability, but was also directed to look at Corel VideoStudioUltimate X6.

If someone could let me know which of these products has this feature (Roxio would be my preference), I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

vinceg

Both Roxio and Corel have Picture-in-Picture and have had this feature for several versions already. It is very easy to achieve in both programs

• Like 1

Walt...

Thanks for the quick reply....

Is PIP a feature in Roxio Creator 2012 in VideoWave?

I have been trying to insert a second video for several days' with no luck.

Thanks again....

vinceg

I was told in the Creator NXT Sales forum that pic in pic has existed in Roxio & Corel products for several versions. I haven't been able to insert a second video into a Creator 2012/Videowave project as a video inside a video for the past 4 days. If anyone can point me to the right doc for this, you have my thanks.

vince g

I was told in the Creator NXT Sales forum that pic in pic has existed in Roxio & Corel products for several versions. I haven't been able to insert a second video into a Creator 2012/Videowave project as a video inside a video for the past 4 days. If anyone can point me to the right doc for this, you have my thanks.

vince g

In Videowave, add a video clip to the main video track. Then again using the Add task, add another video clip to the overlay track. Then double-click the video on the overlay track and a Settings window will open where you can adjust the overlay video's size, transparency, location, fade in/out, etc. You will have to play around with those settings to become familiar with them.

In fact you even add more overlays by first enabling more overlay tracks

• Like 1

Couldn't wait til tomorrow. Tried it tonight and it works like a charm.

Many thanks for your help. Will send a link to the project when it's done.

vinceg

I'm currently trying to add a picture to the overlay layer and can't. The only thing I can do is add the overlays that the program already has. When I go to custom (to add my own), it shows nothing available. How can I use my own images/videos in the overlay layer? (I'm using Videowave from Roxio 2012)

Edited by Phlenin

I'm currently trying to add a picture to the overlay layer and can't. The only thing I can do is add the overlays that the program already has. When I go to custom (to add my own), it shows nothing available. How can I use my own images/videos in the overlay layer? (I'm using Videowave from Roxio 2012)

Read post #5. Do not bother with the "add Overlays" task since it only allows you to add the canned Roxio overlays.

Read post #5. Do not bother with the "add Overlays" task since it only allows you to add the canned Roxio overlays.

I figured out the problem was my initial image wasn't long enough to do an overlay (the one on the video layer). Is it possible to have transitions between overlays? (Thank you for your prompt response, by the way.)

Edited by Phlenin

I figured out the problem was my initial image wasn't long enough to do an overlay (the one on the video layer). Is it possible to have transitions between overlays? (Thank you for your prompt response, by the way.)

Nevermind, I probably achieve that in the settings section by fading in and out, etc.

You can't have transition for the items on the overlay tracks but you can apply effects to them.

I don't understand your comment (from you previous post): "initial image wasn't long enough to do an overlay"

Edited by myguggi