• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Express Labeler

KTinSLC

Question

The Express labeler shows only 3 label templates: one is HP Tattoo. What is this? A search of the HP website shows no match for this product; a Google search returns topics on Harry Potter tattoos. The only other option is Surething labels. No nearby office store stocks this. I need to make labels now, and not wait for a online order shipment. So what Avery labels are compatable with Express Labeler?

7 answers to this question

The Express labeler shows only 3 label templates: one is HP Tattoo. What is this? A search of the HP website shows no match for this product; a Google search returns topics on Harry Potter tattoos. The only other option is Surething labels. No nearby office store stocks this. I need to make labels now, and not wait for a online order shipment. So what Avery labels are compatable with Express Labeler?

You are looking at the label "stock" that is to be used and not the label backgrounds (templates). That threw me for awhile. I have 4 but that includes a Lightscribe option.

As for HP Tattoo labels, you didn't look very hard. They are explained here (link).

Note: Never put a paper label on a DVD; they spin too fast and run too hot. You should have gotten a warning when you opened the program.

I'm sure that will a little research, you can see the pattern used for the Surething label and see which Avery comes closest to that.

You have some choices that I see:

1) Don't put a label on the DVD; there are marker pens to write on a DVD

2) Upgrade to the better version of Surething. That's a download and it will accept all labels. If you go to the Surething site, they have a 15 day trial. Use it for this quick must do project.

3) Order the Surer thing labels for for next day delivery.

Please come back and let us know if the above helped.

Edited by sknis

The warning is for paper labels; special film labels are designed for DVD's.

The HP Tattoo must be a discontinued product; no where do I find it for sale on the HP website.

I found the the Avery template 8962 centers and fits the print from Express Labeler -- except that:

Express labeler prints as a mirror image on my printer; you have to look in a mirror to read the label!

Why is this happening? How can I fix it? My printer is a HP Officejet 4620.

Please post a link for "special film labels". I have not used them -no don't both, I won't use them. They are still glue on and subject to both coming loose or being applied off center.

The labeler is essentially a screen shot printer. Make sure you have your printer and display set correctly? Here are some potential issues that would do this. Also this one. Have you updated the drivers for that printer? You haven't given us enough information to help us eliminate any possible issues.

I thought that you JUST HAD TO HAVE IT DONE YESTERDAY?

Edited by sknis

Express labeler only prints as a mirror image on the HP Tattoo template (Digital Guru: pleaase note that the program inself refers to HP Tattoo as a "template" - not as a "stock"; the program additionally calls backgrounds "backgrounds, not "templates"). I guess that is why HP Tattoo is no longer sold by HP: its' labels print backwards. With the Surething templates, it prints correctly left to right -- but it prints off center with the Avery 8962 template. One must use the Surething labels.

I guess the free program is designed to be useless unless one pays to upgrade, or buys the labels from only a single source.

You said "Express Labeler only prints as a mirror image on the HP Tattoo template". I don't believe that you said that in your first post regarding printing the labels backwards. If that is the "template" you are using, then change it for that and then change it back.

ALL OEM software are stripped down versions of commercial software to tease you into buying the full version -- are you just now coming to that conclusion?

I refer you to options 2 and 3 above. You could have been done by now !

You are right. I see on the Surething web site that only the upgraded versions are designed to work with labels from any source.

BTW, here is a link to the Avery site describing their DVD film labels: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Media-Labels/DVD-Labels_08962.htm?N=0&Ns=&refchannel=c042fd03ab30a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD.

Note that they are guaranteeded not to affect DVD playback.

BTW, here is a link to the Avery site describing their DVD film labels: http://www.avery.com...0002118140aRCRD.

Note that they are guaranteeded not to affect DVD playback.

Playback is one minor issue; trashing the inside of your DVD player is an entirely different major issue. Did they give you a contact and promise to replace your drive and computer in case they do cause a problem? What about your health if you are by the drive when it fails?

Edited by sknis