• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Level Indicator While Recording Video

John Van

Question

I sometimes loose audio while recording sermons at our church using VHS to DVD. The recording screen does not have any visual indicator of audio signal so I don't know I have a problem until I post process it. Do any of the newer versions of VHS to DVD have an audio signal indicator?

8 answers to this question

My church video system provides a standard video feed and the seperate audio system provides the sound track. We use VHS to DVD Ver 111B25F to capture the combined signal on a Dell pc running XP. It works OK most of the time. What I want to see the audio signal, i.e. a VU meter to verify incoming audio signal. My question still stands - Does any of the later versions have an audio signal indicator on the Roxio Media Import screen.

NO, never has been part of any Roxio Capture and I doubt it is even adjustabale???

I have another capture card & software and keep a sticky note to remind me what to set the recording volume at when I use it :lol: No meter with that one either.

Again WHAT is the issue?

I understood what you are asking but you have yet to define any problem...

Is this what you are asking? Since you are getting erratic performance, I'd be more worried about the audio signal to the capture device. Is there a VU meter on it or is there some other way of seeing if it is putting out a loud enough signal? Do you check the computer's recording device and signal before you record (every time)?

post-58-0-25810000-1367579182_thumb.jpg

I just took a liik at the VHS to DVD3 and the Sound level indicators are on the DVD creator side, i.e. Post Processing, which is too late! I need the signal level when I am recording.

No...

They are there during Recording ~ but you have to have a Source coming in, otherwise it dumps to help picture...

Initial Screen:

post-39730-0-79703400-1367592580_thumb.jpg

No Signal Help Screen:
post-39730-0-40601000-1367592582_thumb.jpg

(got mine running now, so I don't have to rely on memory ;) )

Edited by Jim_Hardin