Audio Not Syncing Correctly During Live Comms?

ClashBeat

Question

i recently bought a blue snowball to record my voice for live commentaries. i record with my roxio software then record my voice in audacity with my blue snowball. Now when i add the background audio, it is really messed up. an example: i say something in the live comm, and it happens in the video a few second later. is there anyway to add it so its not messed up like that? thanks.

video example:

really messed up in this one

another example:

not that messed up, but still annoying

thanks guys :)

11 answers to this question

Where???

I am not willing to watch a 1/2 hour of video hoping I can find it :huh:

Provide a time index as well as some explanation of what we should be listening for ;)

Where???

I am not willing to watch a 1/2 hour of video hoping I can find it :huh:

Provide a time index as well as some explanation of what we should be listening for ;)

in the second video at about 29 seconds you can hear my voice ahead of the people talking to me. i say "yes i am" then they say "are you livestreaming?" that shows its a little bit off.

OK that did help me and I think I 'hear' it... just not the same when you weren't there :lol:

Please understand that I don't have a game console so I can't really test this out -_- I do know that syncing a separate audio clip into a video is difficult!

There is delay in the recording of the video so you should be able to add your Audio onto a track and "slide it to the right", so that is catches up with the video clips' internal audio track...

You may have to shorten it a few seconds off the right end so that it will let you move it ;)

This is all clear in my head, does it make sense to you :D

OK that did help me and I think I 'hear' it... just not the same when you weren't there :lol:

Please understand that I don't have a game console so I can't really test this out -_- I do know that syncing a separate audio clip into a video is difficult!

There is delay in the recording of the video so you should be able to add your Audio onto a track and "slide it to the right", so that is catches up with the video clips' internal audio track...

You may have to shorten it a few seconds off the right end so that it will let you move it ;)

This is all clear in my head, does it make sense to you :D

um slightly, so basically i just have to shorten the audio track that i said? so that i can move it to the left?

...or pad the video on the left end (start) with a color panel ;)

Start with 10 seconds to give yourself room to work!

Once you have it adjusted, TRIM the left end so that the 2 start where you want and Export As.

so trim to where you want the audio & video to start?

so trim to where you want the audio & video to start?

Yes. Personally I would say derp and press a certain button on the controller. During editing, I would sync it up to where I say derp and press that button so the voice and the game connects with each other perfectly.

If you don't have an editing software other than VideoWave I suggest you invest one as it makes your job a lot easier. But if you'd like to use VideoWave there's nothing wrong with that :)

If you don't have an editing software other than VideoWave I suggest you invest one as it makes your job a lot easier. But if you'd like to use VideoWave there's nothing wrong with that :)

I cannot agree with that at all!

VW is a mature product that have been out since 2004 and steadly improved over time! (it was called DVD Builder then)

I have tried others and continue to use VW to this day!

If you are used to another software it is hard to sit down and learn a new one but often it is worth the effort -_-

I cannot agree with that at all!

VW is a mature product that have been out since 2004 and steadly improved over time! (it was called DVD Builder then)

I have tried others and continue to use VW to this day!

If you are used to another software it is hard to sit down and learn a new one but often it is worth the effort -_-

I do agree that VW is great however when it comes to a wider video editing I must say that video editors (not necessarily all) like Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects do a better job at the advanced editing section. VW definitely gets the job done when it comes to basic-intermediate editing since it supports color correction, picture-in-picture and what not. However, other editors provide things like sharpen, motion blur, and other features that can be obtained by using such video editors.

Of course that's just my opinion and everyone else has theirs... ^_^