• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 14 Service Terminated With The Following Error

Hi,

while my computer was starting I receive this error in the Event Viewer.. This service couldn't start.. What can I do to start it.. (without reinstall)

Event ID: 7023

The Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 14 service terminated with the following error:

The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller

Thank you.

Hi,

while my computer was starting I receive this error in the Event Viewer.. This service couldn't start.. What can I do to start it.. (without reinstall)

Event ID: 7023

The Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 14 service terminated with the following error:

The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller

Thank you.

Did your computer start up normally before this time? Have you used a Registry Cleaner recently? It sounds like you don't want to re-install - why? Have you tried running a repair (with your antivirus OFF?

Surprisingly there were a lot of hits for both the Event ID and the message about the security ID when I search for either of them. There are a lot of potential causes including a Windows registry

error and/or outdated drivers. Please tell us about your computer by posting the results of a dxdiag.exe evaluation. Read this and follow the instructions (link). Do not copy and paste the results, attach the txt file that you get.

In the mean time, what operating system are you using and was it a new installation over an existing one?