• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can I Capture Gameplay Footage Of My Old Dos Computer With This Setup?

ErGer

Question

So, I own a Gateway 2000 MS-DOS Win/3.11 computer and I wanted to capture footage of me playing games on it. I was wondering If this set up would work...

From the VGA port on the back on the computer I would have a VGA Cable splitter, one cable would connect to my old monitor so that I can see the game, the other would go to a VGA to HDMI converter. An audio cable will also come from the old computer to the hdmi converter. once converted to Hdmi I would plug in the hdmi cable into the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO and then plug the usb into my newer computer to edit.

If you see a problem with this set up, and don't think it would work, please tell. I am really new to this, haha. I want to know if it would work before I buy anything. Thanks so much!

8 answers to this question

Well, I'd be running the software on my modern computer which meets the requirements. I was just wondering if somehow there was anyway to take that visual/audio signal coming from the old computer and put it onto something that I can capture it with. what I am trying to do is record old dos games without just recording emulators like dosbox. I'd rather record the real thing. Again, I don't know if it is even possible, but If you know anyway to do this I would love to know. Thanks for your help!

Well, I'd be running the software on my modern computer which meets the requirements. I was just wondering if somehow there was anyway to take that visual/audio signal coming from the old computer and put it onto something that I can capture it with. what I am trying to do is record old dos games without just recording emulators like dosbox. I'd rather record the real thing. Again, I don't know if it is even possible, but If you know anyway to do this I would love to know. Thanks for your help!

What kind of audio/video output does your old computer have?