debdelaney

Audio Only, No Photoshow

Question

Thank you Digital Guru. In April you advised me to download my premium Roxio Photoshow program to my PC, Windows Vista Home Premium. I was successful burning about six dvd's. I have 75 photoshows to burn. Now the program only burns audio to the dvd. Before the dvd took an hour or more to burn. Now a music icon appears in the window that monitors and provides the process percentage. It only take minutes to burn. Why won't the photoshow burn the video as well? Are there settings that I can check? My subscription is about to expire. I would like these shows burned to dvd's. Now that the program is on my computer and the shows are downloaded, will I continue to have access to the photoshows? Or will I lose access when the subscription expires? I appreciate your advise.

20 answers to this question

Did you play the Photo Shows on your computer to determine if the video is there? Sometimes they are not.

Yes, you will lose access to the online versions a short time after the subscription expires.

Yes, I can view the video on my computer with the audio. Would access be blocked after the shows are on my on my computer? It's strange that I could burn dvd's and now the video doesn't burn. When the dvd tray closes, a window now opens with the cd drive location in the address bar and the computer options are on the left. The dvd icon is displayed in a bottom section. I don't remember that window opening until the problem started. Any suggestions?

Yes, I can view the video on my computer with the audio. Would access be blocked after the shows are on my on my computer? It's strange that I could burn dvd's and now the video doesn't burn. When the dvd tray closes, a window now opens with the cd drive location in the address bar and the computer options are on the left. The dvd icon is displayed in a bottom section. I don't remember that window opening until the problem started. Any suggestions?

Nope, the shows are NOT blocked or unreachable.

Could you do a screen shot of what you see and attach it here. This is what you should be seeing.

post-58-0-51631200-1368132051_thumb.jpg

Are you trying to burn more than one PhotoShow to a disc?

Edited by sknis

I know how to make a screen shot with key commands on a Mac. However the Photoshow program wouldn't download to my older Mac OS10.4.11. So I download the Photoshow program to my husband's PC which I'm not as familiar. I had to research how to make a screenshot on PC. However I don't see the attachment icon on this thread. I tried to drag and drop the jpg in this window. So how do I attach the image?

Ahhh....Ok, so I do see the window that you referred to. That's how I burned the original shows. But this window now opens when the dvd tray is closed. It is a RW dvd. So I'm cleaning the dvd of the audio before burning again. But it only burns the audio again. post-106430-0-45527100-1368134521_thumb.jpg

Ahhh....Ok, so I do see the window that you referred to. That's how I burned the original shows. But this window now opens when the dvd tray is closed. It is a RW dvd. So I'm cleaning the dvd of the audio before burning again. But it only burns the audio again. post-106430-0-45527100-1368134521_thumb.jpg

I don't understand what you mean by "I'm cleaning the dvd of the audio before burning again"? When creating a video RW DVD the DVD has to be completely empty, you cannot add or append to a video RW DVD. If you want to reuse that DVD that you show in you image then you also have to erase the Video_TS folder by erasing everything on the DVD.

BTW, do not use RW DVD for permananet storage they are not that reliable over long periods of time.

The computer asks if I want to clean the dvd. I choose YES and the dvd door closes and I continue at the Burn Photo Disc window. However, this time I selected a different photoshow and it is now burning. The video film logo appeared and the images are viewed as it burns. The burn time is 1hr. 15 min. So the "Yes She's Sixty" photoshow must be the problem. I'll continue with other shows when this one finishes. Hopefully the rest will burn. BTW what should I use for permanent storage?

I have an external hard drive to save the shows from the dvd's. The external HD is at my Mac. The Photoshow program is on the Windows PC. There isn't a option to burn to the external if I would connect the External HD to the PC. So I'm burning to dvd to make the transfer at my Mac.

Well, it was too good to be true. One dvd burned now it won't burn the others. I've tried burning four different shows and it only burns the audio. Now a window opened: Roxio Photoshow has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I've seen that notice before. What does that mean? I can watch the shows on the computer but I can't burn to the dvd. Any suggestions?

I have an external hard drive to save the shows from the dvd's. The external HD is at my Mac. The Photoshow program is on the Windows PC. There isn't a option to burn to the external if I would connect the External HD to the PC. So I'm burning to dvd to make the transfer at my Mac.

I don't understand at all what you are talking about in this post. I thought you were trying to burn your PhotoShow to a DVD so that you can play it on a DVD player. Now you are talking about saving the shows to a hard drive. What do you mean by "burning to dvd to make the transfer at my Mac."?

Do each of the PhotoShows play properly on you PC?

Edited by myguggi

You brought up the subject that RW dvd was not for permanent storage. So I plan to transfer from the dvd to my external hard drive if I can ever accomplish burning the dvd's. The program will burn some photoshows and not others. Do you have any suggestions. Yes, The shows that burn to dvd will play on my Mac and dvd player. They don't play on the PC, or I don't know how to make them play on Real player. A player window opens when the dvd is in but doesn't play.

Get rid of Real Player. It causes more problems than it is worth.

Play your DVDs with the free VLC player. If the DVDs play on the MAC and on a DVD player, then they were made correctly.

As for transferring the PhotoShows to somehwere else, instead of burning them to a DVD, make a video file - make MPG2 files. Put them on a thumbdrive (small USB memory stick). They should be able to be read by the MAC although I haven't tried. I will later if I have time.

Thanks I'll get rid of the Real Player. We also have Windows media player and VAF player on the PC.

The choices are mwv or mpeg. I saved the photoshow as an mpeg file to a thumb drive. The PC file processed over 1 1/2 hrs and produced an audio only file. The mpeg file read as "invalid" on the Windows media player on my Mac. I'm still able to burn some photoshows to dvd. Of course I don't want to lose any family and friend shows. The shows play completely in the Roxio program on the PC. However, some shows will only burn the audio. One dvd could be viewed on a dvd player but not on either PC or Mac computer. It's all so erratic. Any other ideas on capturing the video? I so appreciate your advice because I'm at a loss.

Also, could you suggest a dependable photo show creation program. I have imovie on my Mac but it doesn't offer the many variations that Photoshow does. Thanks again.

Many of us use a video editing program to make "slides show". Roxio's Video Wave make very good slide shows with lots of options/functionality. It has been part of the Creator brand for many years. Creator is a full service suite of programs from video editing to slide show productions to audio capture and editing. You can probably get the old version - Creator 2012 on line at a major discount . If you only want to do slides, this may be something to consider. There are not trial programs. If you buy directly from the Roxio store, you have 30 days to return it. Watch these videos from karri to learn more.

If you keep the slide shows to about 10 minutes or so, you can share them on You Tube. It is now pretty easy and cheap to have your own web site to host your videos.

Try re-downloading those PhotoShows that don't have video to see if they will work this time. Search your computer for the extension "photoshow: and look at the size of the files. Those with corrupted video show be a lot smaller than the others.

I am having the same problem as debdelaney - I'm trying to burn a photoshow to a dvd +r and all I get is audio, there is no video. I have Vista and I've used photoshow numerous times. I can watch the show on my pc using Photoshow. Please help...I have to take this video out of town in 3 days!!!!

I am having the same problem as debdelaney - I'm trying to burn a photoshow to a dvd +r and all I get is audio, there is no video. I have Vista and I've used photoshow numerous times. I can watch the show on my pc using Photoshow. Please help...I have to take this video out of town in 3 days!!!!

Look through the thread in the following link. Hopefully, it will help you.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/88632-audio-but-no-video-split-from-hijacked-thread/

I read through that thread but it really doesn't pertain to me. I have the standalone version of Photoshow, not Creator 2012. It cannot be the size of the photos because I am using the same source for photos that I have used with all of my other photoshow's that successfully burned to DVD. I tried burning the DVD at the slowest setting and at the medium setting just to make sure it wasn't some weird glitch but neither of them worked and I tried play the DVD's in my blue ray and a standard player just in case it was something with one of them and neither worked.

I read through that thread but it really doesn't pertain to me. I have the standalone version of Photoshow, not Creator 2012. It cannot be the size of the photos because I am using the same source for photos that I have used with all of my other photoshow's that successfully burned to DVD. I tried burning the DVD at the slowest setting and at the medium setting just to make sure it wasn't some weird glitch but neither of them worked and I tried play the DVD's in my blue ray and a standard player just in case it was something with one of them and neither worked.

The first 2 posts, in that thread, pertain to you, and others having the same problem.

Hey there...I reread the post and am unsure how they pertain to my issue. I am using the standalone version of Photoshow and do not have Creator. I have used the same source for the pics that I have used in the past that were successfully burned to dvd. I ran the dxdiag.exe and would be happy to attach it if there were some way that allowed me to do so. Jst an FYI...I tried to export as an .mpg and a .wmv and both were sound only. I just uploaded to my Photoshow account online and it works like a champ...both audio and video!