• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DomCobb1

Will Roxio Work With My Computer?

Question

I'm upgrading to a desktop computer, an XPS 8500 to be exact. I plan to use the Roxio to capture Xbox, but will it work with my computer with HDMI running through to the monitor? I ask because I know PS3 is HDMI encrypted and I'm not sure if that jazz happens with regular desktops. Any and all info helps.

12 answers to this question

I'm upgrading to a desktop computer, an XPS 8500 to be exact. I plan to use the Roxio to capture Xbox, but will it work with my computer with HDMI running through to the monitor? I ask because I know PS3 is HDMI encrypted and I'm not sure if that jazz happens with regular desktops. Any and all info helps.

Scroll down towards the bottom of the following link, for the system requirements:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/overview.html?rTrack=b_gamecapture

I'm not asking if my computer can run the software, it can, I'm asking if I can capture gameplay on my computer by passing it through the Roxio into the monitor and plugging it into the desktop.

Your question is not really clear...

IF you are asking:

Xbox >> HDMI to RGC >> USB to Desktop running RGC Software...

Then Yes, that is how it was designed to work AND was shown that way in the Link GPB provided you :huh:

How the Pass Through connects and to what is completely irrelevant to the function ;)

Huh? I bought a monitor with an HDMI input and my desktop has HDMI output. I'm asking if I run one HDMI from my computer to Roxio, and the other from Roxio to my monitor, and I plug the usb into one of the usb ports, will it work?

You might be able to have issues if you're going to use HDMI-DVI because HD Pro is specifically designed to work in HDMI-HDMI, HDMI-COMPONENT, COMPONENT-COMPONENT connection.

NO!

It will not work trying to use the Same PC to both Play and Capture your game...

Initially we thought it would be able to do that (seems logical) but several users tired it and it does not work :huh:

You could, play the game on one PC and use your HDMI output into the RGC Device, but to Stream or Capture, you are going to need another PC to run the RGC Device.

Sorry I did not understand what you were asking before ~ did that clear it up for you?

You might be able to have issues if you're going to use HDMI-DVI because HD Pro is specifically designed to work in HDMI-HDMI, HDMI-COMPONENT, COMPONENT-COMPONENT connection.

Not correct! The Device could care less what becomes of the HDMI Output... However, there are actually Five different DVI types and throw in hdcp coding and you end up with a greater potential for a miss-match (don't work!) than you have for a happy ending ;)

post-39730-0-11522400-1368780772_thumb.jpg

I have used fraps for years and am pleased with the way it performs. Not familar with Xsplit ;)

Would you say if I want to do some desktop gameplay, (and post to YouTube) is it worth the full version or no?

Would you say if I want to do some desktop gameplay, (and post to YouTube) is it worth the full version or no?

Not a subject for the Forums

Check you mail ;)