• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blending Audios In Mydvd Timeline

dpbel

Question

Is there a way to, for instance, add a .wav or .mp3 audio voice clip say from a movie quote and then at the end of the clip, maybe 2-3 seconds before the clip ends start an mp3 music file. Blending the two so that both can be heard for about 3-4 sec or whatever together, or have a total instrumental mp3 music file over a narrated mp3 or .wav file as the one fade's out and the mp3 audio continues. Can this be done. Thanks for your time.

SORRY for the double post!!!! :D:D:):huh:

9 answers to this question

Have you tried to do what Patty suggested to add the different audio clips on the different audio tracks in VideoWave? Its easy to overlap audio clips and do the fade out/in there. You of course have to have a video clip that is at least as long as the length of the overlapped audio clips.

I don't quite follow your explanation. For example, what do you mean by "adding the .mp3 as a sound effect vs using separate."?

Hi Walt.....In MYDVD, When a track is added to the end of a music track that has already been placed, You have [3] options

1. Add on Audio Track
  2. Add on audio effect track (Which blends both audio's)
  3. Add on internal music track of selected panel

I did try patty's VIDEOWAVE advice but do not understand th adding therefore could not function it, it was just like MYDVD screen to me. I am not able to drag the clips in place as I was in Version 7 but have to select and click OK for the track. I am apparently doing something wrong. As I read the help files regarding overlap in Audio, Non of this is functioning for me as stated. What could I be doing?? When clicking on the icon next to the "Show/Hide tracks, It will not allow me to select anything. A window appears and states "no more than one video effect may be added" All are checked ie: native, music,SFX, I'm Stumped

Thanks again.

Anyone?????

Below is a screen shot to try to help you understand Patty's suggestion. As you can see, There are two songs along with native audio. Song one is on the Music track while song two is on the Narration track with the beginning overlapping the end of song one.

Hope that helps

post-72-1137511566.jpg

Below is a screen shot to try to help you understand Patty's suggestion. As you can see, There are two songs along with native audio. Song one is on the Music track while song two is on the Narration track with the beginning overlapping the end of song one.

Hope that helps

Thanks for all the replies regarding this.....I guess what I needed to do and did not understand was to cut and paste the song where you wanted the overlap. That is how I accomplished this even though there is probably a better more efficient way of doing this same task. I may have posted wrongly my intentions of what I specifically needed to do.

Thanks for all the replies regarding this.....I guess what I needed to do and did not understand was to cut and paste the song where you wanted the overlap. That is how I accomplished this even though there is probably a better more efficient way of doing this same task. I may have posted wrongly my intentions of what I specifically needed to do.

I still don't understand why what has been suggested won't work for you. You can shorten the song, move it to where you want it to stop and start. I don't know why you would need to cut and paste. Sorry that our tips haven't helped you. Patty

I still don't understand why what has been suggested won't work for you. You can shorten the song, move it to where you want it to stop and start. I don't know why you would need to cut and paste. Sorry that our tips haven't helped you. Patty

Thanks again Patti.....I just sent you a message from your profile messaging.

Is there a way to, for instance, add a .wav or .mp3 audio voice clip say from a movie quote and then at the end of the clip, maybe 2-3 seconds before the clip ends start an mp3 music file. Blending the two so that both can be heard for about 3-4 sec or whatever together, or have a total instrumental mp3 music file over a narrated mp3 or .wav file as the one fade's out and the mp3 audio continues. Can this be done. Thanks for your time.

SORRY for the double post!!!! :D:D:):huh:

Have you tried using the various audo tracks available? You can put the audio voice clip in one track then place the instrumentel in another track and adjust where it starts (overlapping so that they play at the same time for whatever time you want them to. You can make them fade by choosing edit of the track. If you need more detailed information let us know. I am not sure how much experience you have with the software.

Have you tried using the various audo tracks available? You can put the audio voice clip in one track then place the instrumentel in another track and adjust where it starts (overlapping so that they play at the same time for whatever time you want them to. You can make them fade by choosing edit of the track. If you need more detailed information let us know. I am not sure how much experience you have with the software.

Thanks for the reply Patty....I have a bit of experience on Ver 7 DVD Builder but never had a need to do what I want to do with this particular video I am creating. I have a movie clip from a 70's vietnam movie (More of a 55 sec soundbite) I am trying to start my video with this sound bite and then start an audio track .MP3 about 30 seconds into this soundbite creating both playing at the same time with a fade out of the sound bite at the end and a continuance of the .MP3 until it ends.

I do know the editing commands of the fade in/fade out and have some knowledge on adding the .mp3 as a sound effect vs using separate. I can make both the soundbite and the music that I wanted together at the same time but do not understand how to start this in the middle of the soundbite. Does this explanation of what I am wanting make any sense???

When applying the .mp3, it either starts at the end of the soundbite or any other sound file or will combine with the first sound file and both play from the beginning together.

Thanks for the try anyway. Hopefully this is detailed a little bit more for understanding.

Thanks again,

Doug

SONY VAIO

2.4 ghtz

480GB of Hard drives

Thanks for the reply Patty....I have a bit of experience on Ver 7 DVD Builder but never had a need to do what I want to do with this particular video I am creating. I have a movie clip from a 70's vietnam movie (More of a 55 sec soundbite) I am trying to start my video with this sound bite and then start an audio track .MP3 about 30 seconds into this soundbite creating both playing at the same time with a fade out of the sound bite at the end and a continuance of the .MP3 until it ends.

I do know the editing commands of the fade in/fade out and have some knowledge on adding the .mp3 as a sound effect vs using separate. I can make both the soundbite and the music that I wanted together at the same time but do not understand how to start this in the middle of the soundbite. Does this explanation of what I am wanting make any sense???

When applying the .mp3, it either starts at the end of the soundbite or any other sound file or will combine with the first sound file and both play from the beginning together.

Thanks for the try anyway. Hopefully this is detailed a little bit more for understanding.

Thanks again,

Doug

Have you tried to do what Patty suggested to add the different audio clips on the different audio tracks in VideoWave? Its easy to overlap audio clips and do the fade out/in there. You of course have to have a video clip that is at least as long as the length of the overlapped audio clips.

I don't quite follow your explanation. For example, what do you mean by "adding the .mp3 as a sound effect vs using separate."?

Archived