• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blackstreet

Question

7 answers to this question

It should have worked. I'm presuming you used either the High-Definition DVD video or the Blu-ray video setting in the Toast Video window to create your disc. What happens when you insert the disc in the Mac? After inserting the disc in the Mac launch Roxio Video Player from the Toast Extras menu to see if you can play what's on the disc. Let me know.

I used the High-Definition DVD video in the Toast Video window to create the disc on a DVD-R. Actually, if I insert the disc and launch Roxio Video Player from the Toast Extras menu it will play! Why does it not work on my Sony Blu-Ray player or my DVD player on my iMac? Thank you...

I used the High-Definition DVD video in the Toast Video window to create the disc on a DVD-R. Actually, if I insert the disc and launch Roxio Video Player from the Toast Extras menu it will play! Why does it not work on my Sony Blu-Ray player or my DVD player on my iMac? Thank you...

I don't know why it doesn't play on your Sony Blu-ray player. Is your player connected to the Internet? If so it automatically updates its firmware but if not it may be that a firmware update can fix the issue.

The iMac needs either Roxio Video Player or VLC Media Player to play a Blu-ray-formatted disc. If it has one of those then it shouldn't be an issue. If you get a message that the disc is not recognized, click Ignore and it should be accessible using one of those players.

Something else you might try as an experiment. It may work to burn the video directly as a data disc. Choose DVD-Rom (UDF) as the format in the Data window and add your original video. The Sony player won't recognize a .mov file but it can recognize .m4v, mp4 and some other formats. My Sony Blu-ray player will treat a data disc the same as if I inserted a USB flash drive that contained video, audio or images.

The only other thing I can think of is to burn to a different brand of blank disc. You can do this using the Disc Copy function in the Copy window so you don't need to re-author the Blu-ray video. After inserting the blank disc choose one of the slower available burn speeds in the Recorder Settings window.

Digital Guru/DonnyG

DonnyG - I just burned one video to the BD-R. I've also tried uninstalling the Roxio software and reinstalling the software. It will burn to the DVD-R or DVD+R or BD-R fine, however none of the formats will play on a DVD or Blu-ray player.

Digital Guru - I tried burning it to using the Data window and I also tried the DVD+R. Two files are on the DVD after I burn the files are VIDEO-TS and AUDIO-TS - it will play on the computer, but not a stand alone DVD player or a dell computer. I have the OS X 10.8.3. If I drop a .mov video in Roxio should it not burn?

Thank you

Digital Guru/DonnyG

DonnyG - I just burned one video to the BD-R. I've also tried uninstalling the Roxio software and reinstalling the software. It will burn to the DVD-R or DVD+R or BD-R fine, however none of the formats will play on a DVD or Blu-ray player.

Digital Guru - I tried burning it to using the Data window and I also tried the DVD+R. Two files are on the DVD after I burn the files are VIDEO-TS and AUDIO-TS - it will play on the computer, but not a stand alone DVD player or a dell computer. I have the OS X 10.8.3. If I drop a .mov video in Roxio should it not burn?

Thank you

I'm sorry to say that I don't know why they aren't playing. A DVD with a VIDEO_TS folder certainly should play on a DVD or Blu-ray player and the High-Definition disc burned in the Blu-ray format also should play. The fact that your player is rejecting both of these tells me there is something wrong with the player. That's why I suggested checking if a firmware update is available. The standard DVD with the VIDEO_TS folder should have played in the Dell computer in the same way a commercial DVD movie plays.

From what you describe, Toast did what it was supposed to do. You shouldn't be having this trouble and I don't know what to suggest. If you used Memorex media then using Verbatim discs may make a difference.