• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

barfle

Vhs To Dvd Via Usb Capture In C2009

Question

I bought Creator 2009 back when it was the latest, and it worked Ok (the "Creator" GUI never worked at all) but I was able to import several of my old VHS tapes and convert them to DVD. Then, for reasons still unkown, the video capture USB device stopped working. I bought another one, and it didn't work either, so I concluded that it was something in my PC (even though EVERY other USB device worked without complaint).

Over the last year, I've rebuilt my PC (still running XP Pro), and neither USB capture device works on it. Strangely, the driver CD (which arrived with the second capture unit) claims there is no device connected (even though it is) and that's the case on two different PCs. So I can't say I'm all that happy with the Video Capture USB devices, and I'm wondering exactly how I'm going to complete a transfer of approximately 300 VHS tapes to DVD. ;o(

1 answer to this question

I bought Creator 2009 back when it was the latest, and it worked Ok (the "Creator" GUI never worked at all) but I was able to import several of my old VHS tapes and convert them to DVD. Then, for reasons still unkown, the video capture USB device stopped working. I bought another one, and it didn't work either, so I concluded that it was something in my PC (even though EVERY other USB device worked without complaint).

Over the last year, I've rebuilt my PC (still running XP Pro), and neither USB capture device works on it. Strangely, the driver CD (which arrived with the second capture unit) claims there is no device connected (even though it is) and that's the case on two different PCs. So I can't say I'm all that happy with the Video Capture USB devices, and I'm wondering exactly how I'm going to complete a transfer of approximately 300 VHS tapes to DVD. ;o(

Where did you buy the 2nd USB capture device?