• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photoshow Problems

fjb1080

Question

I am a "newcomer" to Photoshows, and have already several problems ... Maybe someone has the answer:

1. I am using the Premium version on Desktop and have posted 18 Photoshows to the Internet, with "privacy protection". My "invited guest", like family member, Sign-up and Sign in to view the Albums. Some have signed up more than 30 days ago, and in their frequent returns they find the PROMOTIONAL page asking them to UPGRADE to PREMIUM. They did not create a Photoshow, they do not have a "basic account" , unless the Sign-up to view my Photoshows as often as they want to is considered as a Photoshow user, and not just a simple "visitor" to my Photoshow page. It is embarrassing that they are exposed to "unwanted" promotional spill by Roxio, when they simply just want to see my creations ?? They need to Sign off first and Sing-in again, and if they are lucky the Promotional pscreen may not show up. Is there a solution for this??

2. When I have more than 150 or so photos on a specific.Photoshow, and I need to move photos around on my desktop version , the screen goes "NUTS"... before it comes back again and let me continue. If I need to move several photos around, it is a nightmare!! To say the least. Why is this happening...??? The photos are not LARGE ( say 300-500K max), and there is no video in the mix. Any solution or explanation for this??

3. When you have say about 25 or 30 or so invited guests, to post their email addresses to the privacy box one by one IT IS VERY timeconsuming. If you haver say 20 Photoshows, and all privacy protected, you need to take a few day off from regular jobs , just to post the emails of your guests. Why cant we load batches of emails at once , much the same way as you load email addresses to emails when you send them to multiple addresses? It would greatly simplify the privacy features and the loading of many email addresses?

4. It is too bad that you do not have Wedding Anniversary "styles" amongst the preloaded archives???

5. When you add photos to existing Photoshows, I am finding that you need to add the same photos first to the desktop version , and than to the Online version, just to have the same photos both ways. If you have added photos to the desktop version and you upload the revised desktop Photoshow, of course the 2 versions will be the same , BUT you need to keep adding the emails of the invited guests again to the privacy box, one by one again. because the new upload will be , like, a brand new Photoshow!!! The older Online version , of course can be deleted, but thisway all email addresses as well as comments received on the older version ( before adding a few more photos) will disappear. This is unfortunate. Or is there a solution for this also , but I don't know how to do it.

Maybe some Mr/Ms Guru could give me an answer for these querries, much appreciated! Really!

Cheers

Frank

5-27-2013

6 answers to this question

1) No; try YouTube if your Photoshows are relatively short. You can make those private if you wish.

2) Probably an issue with your computer and "other programs running at the same time. Please tell us about your computer via dxdiag.(link to instructions)

3) Windows copy doesn't work? No solution.

4) Don't look for any upgrades.

5) That's a long question and there is no simple solution. Just do your PhotoShow on your desktop version after you have made all your changes.

Sorry, I don't have any better answers for you. The PhotoShow technology is OLD and will probably not be upgraded. How long have you had the membership? You may want to get your money back.

Dear SKNIS, many thanks for your quick comments, much appreciated... I need to "chew" on some answers, specially item 1. because I don't know how YouTube can be mixed with Roxio Photoshow, unless you mean to just UPLOAD my desktop created Photoshow directly to YouTube... Would it still show as a musical, picture presentation , or just something that is "moving" on the screen. I have no clue..

I had the Premium program since about February, and I thought , as a starter It will do... My PC is a 5 yr old HP unit, with 2GB memory, but the Graphic card may be inferior for the task.

Would you know if Adobe has a similar (or maybe a better) program ??

Cheers

Frank

You would output our PhotoShow to wmv or mpg2 file using the desktop version and then upload the video to your YouTube account. You can mark them private so no one else could watch them except for the people you designate. YouTube has some restrictions but many of them go away the more you use it.

This site is paid for by Roxio/Corel. It is against forum rules to recommend other software. Besides, I think PhotoShow is unique. There are some photo editing programs that allow you to make slide shows and to upload/store them on the web. The ones I know about don't have the themes.

It is too bad that Roxio/Corel doesn't recognize the need for an updated version of the program.

• Like 1

SKNIS... It was "insensitive" of me to mention Adobe, Of course it would be against Corel's policy to suggest something else ..after all ... this is not " Miracle on 34th Street" ;) .. And you are right... I will try the upload to wmv or mpeg2.. and see what happens.. Just one other question.... I have no clue What version of the Premium program I have ( it was a downloaded version not the CD), and If I need to download it again how I go about it ?? frank 5-28-2013

SKNIS... It was "insensitive" of me to mention Adobe, Of course it would be against Corel's policy to suggest something else ..after all ... this is not " Miracle on 34th Street" ;) .. And you are right... I will try the upload to wmv or mpeg2.. and see what happens.. Just one other question.... I have no clue What version of the Premium program I have ( it was a downloaded version not the CD), and If I need to download it again how I go about it ?? frank 5-28-2013

If you downloaded it withing the last year, you have Version 6. Sign in to your member's page and there is a link to download the desktop version. You would use the share (3rd step) to output to as a wmv or mpg2 video file. Use the YouTube uploader.

• Like 1