Cd Spin Doctor Can't Be Installed

Kemna

Question

Hallo,

I bought a new iMac (OS 10.8.3) and installed all software I used on my old iMac. When I try to install CD Spin Doctor the message appers: Installation failed, contact the producer of the software.

What shall I do?

Regards,

Kemna

6 answers to this question

I'm presuming you have Toast 10 because this is the forum you're posting in. Download the Toast 10 update from Roxio's Software updates page and install that. Be sure to launch Toast before attempting to launch Spin Doctor for the first time.

OK,

I have: updated Toast by new installation, launched Toast, launched Spin Doctor.

Result: Automatic Music Recording is deactivated.

Does it only work in the Pro-version or doesn't it work with OS 10.8.3

When you launched CD Spin Doctor a window should have opened for you to install "CD Spin Doctor Audio Capture Support." It is a separate installer. If that didn't happen you can launch the installer from the "CD Spin Doctor" menu in the menu bar. That doesn't guarantee the install will succeed. There a lots of posts about difficulties getting that installed. It's been awhile since I troubleshooted this so you'll need to search the forum to find some of those posts.

I don't know if the automatic music recording works with 10.8.3. It wasn't limited to the Pro version. CD Spin Doctor always was a bit troublesome and the new Spin Doctor X bundled with Toast 11 doesn't work at all. You might take a look at Audio Hijack Pro for this purpose.

Thank you. When I get your answer right I, should keep the hands of Spin Doctor.

I have got Audio Hijack Pro, but is doesn't split the songs and the tag information is also lost. I tried RadioLover but it doesn't work, and I didn't found a script that splits and tags the continous recording.

Thank you. When I get your answer right I, should keep the hands of Spin Doctor.

I have got Audio Hijack Pro, but is doesn't split the songs and the tag information is also lost. I tried RadioLover but it doesn't work, and I didn't found a script that splits and tags the continous recording.

If you capture the online streaming audio with Audio Hijack you can then open that file with CD Spin Doctor to mark tracks and apply any of the desired filters. Spin Doctor should be working without the plugin installed except for the streaming audio capture.

I know its for Toast 10 but Im desperate !

I have Toast 8 which I use alot !

But........ Iv'e just tried to use spin doctor 4 that comes with it and it will not play so I can tell when to split tracks in continuous live recordings (spinning wheel) it's the first time Ive used it since going to OSX 10.6.8 (Everything on Mac pro is a clean install)

Does SD4 work on Snow leopard ?

as Ive had a long list of software stop working including Adobe Indesign which really P'd me off as it wasn't cheap and neither is the new version