• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer Problems ~ Split

tedk1

Question

I have a much worse printing problem with Roxio Creator Pro 2012 and Windows 7. Even my printers temporarily worked fine after installing Roxio, after a couple of weeks all of my printers disappeared, including PDF Creator and Quickbooks PDF Converter. Add Printer was unavailable, the Windows 7 error msg saying that print spooler service had stopped. I know how to restart print spooler but it would not restart. I asked a techie friend and he was stumped. I thought more about what programs I might have installed recently and hit on Roxio. Sure enough, as soon as I uninstalled it all my printers reappeared.

Strangely I bought 2012 because my earlier version was known not to work with Win 7. I wanted to open and print a CD tray card I had made. The new version wouldn't open it so I bit the buller and recreated the design from a hard copy on hand. Then I successfully printed about 50 tray cards with no problem using my usual HP 7000. Later all the printers disappeared and you know the rest.

I spent $50 on the Roxio but don't even want a refund. I just to clarify this issue for forum readers and see if Roxio is prepared to address it.

BTW I don't appreciate snarky posts. It's just as easy to remain cool, and especially important for the benefit of those less technically advanced.

Ted Knight

Delray Beach FL

(first post)

System summary:

• Operating System (including service packs): Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64-bit
  • Make: ASUS
  • Model: CM 6870
  • Video card: NVIDA GeForce GT 520
  • Processor speed: 3.40 GHz
  • RAM: 16.5 GB
  • Free hard drive space: 488 GB ©, 857 GB (D)
  • I last did an operating system update on: auto aupdate, always on

5 answers to this question

I thought more about what programs I might have installed recently and hit on Roxio. Sure enough, as soon as I uninstalled it all my printers reappeared.

If you can get by without Roxio for a time ~ un-install it and see what happens ;)

He did that prior to his first post, Jim.

It does appear software related. Some sort of spooler tangle? Looks a tough one.

Brendon