Imovie To Dvd Issue

Frustrated again

Question

3 answers to this question

Can't talk. What you're seeing may just be the result of overscan which is normal. TV's crop off a part of the picture to assure the screen is full. If you play the DVD using DVD Player on the Mac do the photos still appear as trimmed? The only workaround I can think of is to put a border around the outer edge of your photos so the border gets cropped off rather than the image itself.

I didn't watch all of it, but what I saw doesn't appear to be trimmed on the Mac. Playing it on the Mac I can tell it did lose some quality compared to what it looks like in iMovie. I had a bunch of my dad's old slides scanned, and I added music, etc. Seems like most problems are with ones where I used the Ken Burns effect, especially the ones were people are at the edges (cuts them off too). I thought this was going to be easy and fun, but it's turning into quite a project. My plan was to go back through them and redo the ones where I remember it cut off the sides or tops, hoping to leave more sacrificial edges. Thanks for the suggestion.