danbottomburp

Random Crashes While Streaming .

Question

this is turning out to be the biggest mistake i have made regarding purchasing tech .

all was working fine - could stream for however long i wanted but this morning it lasted 20 minutes and a few seconds and then the second time 29 minutes and a few seconds .

i have changed nothing .

my pc specs are a i7 processor

8gb of ram

a gtx 560 gpu

50 download and 18 upload internet .

this is deff a software issue so please dont tell me to reinstall it - i have already dont that not once but twice

i am currently running a "cpu stress test application " just for peace of mind but i know it will come back and pass with flying colours .

i may well be able to return this product under the sales of goods act for not doing what they claim it will do .

had nothing but issues with it - should have spent a extra £40 and bought something else .

have checked the forum for the same issues and found quite a few threads having the exact same issue but no answer or fix given .

please Roxio help fix my problem - and your one time support ticket that only lasts 14 days is a joke - it should be one time free support ticket valid for a year .

rant over - ready for some advice or solutions .

dan

4 answers to this question

this is turning out to be the biggest mistake i have made regarding purchasing tech .

all was working fine - could stream for however long i wanted but this morning it lasted 20 minutes and a few seconds and then the second time 29 minutes and a few seconds .

i have changed nothing .

my pc specs are a i7 processor

8gb of ram

a gtx 560 gpu

50 download and 18 upload internet .

this is deff a software issue so please dont tell me to reinstall it - i have already dont that not once but twice

i am currently running a "cpu stress test application " just for peace of mind but i know it will come back and pass with flying colours .

i may well be able to return this product under the sales of goods act for not doing what they claim it will do .

had nothing but issues with it - should have spent a extra £40 and bought something else .

This is not Roxio support but a users forum although I will agree with you about the Roxio support policy.

Your statement: "all was working fine - could stream for however long i wanted". So how can it be a software issue and how could you even claim that the program is "not doing what they claim it will do"?

Obviously something changed in your system whether automatic or deliberate.

This is not Roxio support but a users forum although I will agree with you about the Roxio support policy.

Your statement: "all was working fine - could stream for however long i wanted". So how can it be a software issue and how could you even claim that the program is "not doing what they claim it will do"?

Obviously something changed in your system whether automatic or deliberate.

nothing has changed . i know that for a fact as my last stream i went too bed straight after turned pc off and then this problem the following morning .

i have now started using roxio game cap pro with OBS software - OBS is a million times better than roxio - i just trying to iron out the finer things like not capturing my monitor and instead captureing the actual card .

but i will just have too put this one down to a terrible decicion .

and if anyone is thinking of getting one DONT

You make no sense...

The software was working fine and you woke up the next day and it does not. ~ that IS NOT a software issue :huh:

You posted a similar situation a while back but with a different portion of the software.

Likewise they have sold thousands of these since it came out and the vast majority do not have these issues... Of course some do have problems and then there is always the '10%', who never seem to get anything to work :lol:

It's a good budget option but there's really better options out there. Mine usually crashes every 3 hours when I live stream, thankfully not 20 minutes. Never had it go past 3.5 hours though, but I knew this coming in as it's a low budget option, not the best software.