• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
FLxDiamond

Poor Quality And Weird Lines While Capturing *please Help*

Question

When I first got my roxio game capture hd pro everything was working fine. Perfect quality, and preformed just as expected, but, just recently when capturing on the preview screen there are these weird fuzzy lines that appear from time to time. I have no idea what is causing this as it has just recently started happening. I would assume that my laptop can handle the graphics as it was working exceptionally before. With my laptop having an intel core 2Duo P8600 running at 2.4GHz, Vista 32bit SP2, 8gb of ram, plenty of hard drive space, and a mobile Intel 4series express chipset graphics card, I have no idea what caused these abnormalities to appear. I would appreciate any help at all whatsoever as the tech support is what I perceive to be nonexistent.

Thanks, confused helpless customer

Edited by myguggi
original text to small and unreadable, enlarged Font

10 answers to this question

we get to ask questions...

YOU get to do all the work :lol::D:lol:

First thing I would try is using a different source ~ a DVD or BD Player - anything that has an HDMI or Component Output.

Different wires.

Alright, I tried a different source and both hdmi cables performed flawlessly. :( I also tried different hdmi cables, still having the same problem. Keep in mind that I don't see these fuzzy lines on the monitor that im recording on. Only on my computer, in the preview screen, do i see the fuzzy weird horizontal lines. Then when I play the captured video back, the lines are there, just as I saw on the preview screen, but not on the monitor that I record from. If that makes any sense.

Edited by FLxDiamond

No, not making too much sense :lol:

But if the other sources are working properly, then it has nothing to do with the software or the RGC Device :huh:

Possibly, but when I play I do not see these fuzzy lines. It's only in the preview screen on my computer. Which leads me to believe that it's something with my computer, but I have no idea.

LIKED the text you added at the beginning ;)

Since it is a laptop, I wonder if it is a heat buildup?

Make sure you are on AC Power and that your battery is charged before you start! (batteries that are charging give off a lot of heat!)

Elevate the case and if you have a fan handy, direct the stream at the laptop.

See if that makes any difference at all???

Ill try this and let you know, as I have been charging my battery everytime I record. Also do you know if a cooling pad would make a significant difference, and If so, do you have any recommendations?

Edited by FLxDiamond