• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Force Closing.

RTSG0D

Question

Hi guys, just recieved my Roxio Game Caputre HD Pro Saturday. Got everything installed and hooked up Saturday night (June 8) and did a test record with my PS3. Everything turned out great. So Sunday (June 9) i decided to try it out with my xbox 360. Ended up recording about a hour and a half of gameplay footage before going to bed. Woke up this morning (June 10) and everytime i now click capture i get a popup window that says "Roxio Media Capture has stopped working" so i have to force close.

Here is the error i get:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: MediaCaptureGame1X.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.66

Application Timestamp: 5052e2d2

Fault Module Name: StackHash_d80a

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c000041d

Exception Offset: 75194f0d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: d80a

Additional Information 2: d80aeb0b8fcab9dd4902298cdbad94ba

Additional Information 3: 7cb8

Additional Information 4: 7cb8f40eb7a799859e158855604ffeae

Now i have looked through the forums and google to find other ways to fix this before posting this, but still no luck. Have completely uninstalled program and made sure all traces of it were gone, have done a repair installation, even system restore back to before it was installed.

Here are my computer specs just to show i am more than capable of using the software:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.2 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti

9 answers to this question

Ok so bumping the thread as i am still having issues. I actually reformatted my harddrive and had a fresh install of windows 7. Only thing i have on my computer is World of Warcraft, Battlefield 3, Black ops 2, Steam, AVG, Ccleaner, Origin, and spywareblaster. The device worked for about 2 weeks with no issues, but randomly last night when i tried to record gameplay, once i hit capture the window popped up saying the program has stopped working. I have again uninstalled everything to do Roxio and reinstalled and still nothing.

I have tried with AVG on and off. It worked the first 2 weeks with the same programs on my computer after i did the format and reinstalled windows 7. Nothing has changed, it just randomly decided to not let me capture. I can click the edit&share button and that pops right up. But does no good to have that if i can't even record.

I have tried with AVG on and off. It worked the first 2 weeks with the same programs on my computer after i did the format and reinstalled windows 7. Nothing has changed, it just randomly decided to not let me capture. I can click the edit&share button and that pops right up. But does no good to have that if i can't even record.

If it worked for two weeks then something on your PC broke it.

Umm i highly doubt that as its still running and all ports work, so try again. I can run other capturing software for my pc games with no issues, none of my other programs randomly don't work, just the Roxio stuff. Secondly before i did the reformat it did that same thing, worked for a couple days and then stopped. Hence why i did the format to begin with, plus i wanted to clean up the harddrive.

Umm i highly doubt that as its still running and all ports work, so try again. I can run other capturing software for my pc games with no issues, none of my other programs randomly don't work, just the Roxio stuff. Secondly before i did the reformat it did that same thing, worked for a couple days and then stopped. Hence why i did the format to begin with, plus i wanted to clean up the harddrive.

If it works then stops working, you want to blame the software as a bug?

Something on your PC is breaking it, believe it or not.

Ok so if that's the case then, what would i possibly even attempt to try to fix it? Not much help to just say something is breaking it without a fix.

I can't reach over and poke your PC with a stick from here!

What programs, software, updates, did you do while it was working?

I would do a proper repair, check that the drivers installed correctly and do it with all programs disabled,

If you get it to work my first suspect would be the AVG software running the registry scanner.

All i had on my computer when it was working was World of Warcraft, Battlefield 3, AVG, Ccleaner, spywareblaster, spotify, Steam, black ops 2, and the basic stuff that comes with a fresh windows install. After all of the stuff was installed i haven't done any updates to em except for World of Warcraft and steam. Again i have tried running the Roxio software with AVG on and off. Games you can't turn off, and Ccleaner and Spywareblaster only run when i tell em to run. Same with spotify and Steam only thing i have had running in the background is the basic windows processes