• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

thegilpins

Can't Erase Disc In Roxio Creator Nxt Under Win 8

Hi,

When I try and erase a rewritable CD within NXT the program just hangs. This occurs when I try and ease disc from the Tools menu or with say within Burn Audio.

I can erase the disc in Windows Computer (right click drive and then erase disc), but just not within NXT. I have tried this on two combo drives and both have the same problem.

This worked fine on Windows 7 but only has occured on Windows 8. I have done a clean install of NXT but this hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edited by thegilpins

Hi,

When I try and erase a rewritable CD within NXT the program just hangs. This occurs when I try and ease disc from the Tools menu or with say within Burn Audio.

I can erase the disc in Windows Computer (right click drive and then erase disc), but just not within NXT. I have tried this on two combo drives and both have the same problem.

This worked fine on Windows 7 but only has occured on Windows 8. I have done a clean install of NXT but this hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Don't you just hate that pesky Windows 8 and some of the problems programs have, running with it?

I tried but was not able to duplicate any issue with Win 8 - NXT - and Erasing a disc...

post-39730-0-87135500-1371160208_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-81016700-1371160213_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-06699600-1371160218_thumb.jpg

I would suggest that a proper repair is in order ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See what that does for you -_-

Jim,

Thanks for trying. As per my original post I did do a clean reinstall and that did not solve it. For the reinsatll I turned off AV and check updates.

Do it again!

Sometimes it take up to 3 attempts for it to work :wacko:

But there is no error message or anything, just the program off in never never land...

Do it again!

Sometimes it take up to 3 attempts for it to work :wacko:

But there is no error message or anything, just the program off in never never land...

I have tried the following:

- Windows explorer / media player

- Cyberlink Power2Go

- JRiver Media Centre

None of them have any issues on Win 8x64 Pro, so there is not a problem with my PC.

A reinstall did nto work, so where do I go next?