• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Stopped Working (Sigh)

Baracca

Question

I've searched up and down but can't find a solution. I'm using creator 2012 pro, mydvd. Trying to make a bluray but only get about 41% rendered before videowave craps out on me. I've tried changing my desktop resolution and every cominbation of use hardware/software/intel chip settings. I've also tried buring to ISO instead of DVD directly. Video drivers are the latest - Radeon HD 7970. Any suggestions?

14 answers to this question

Several possibilites exist...

Tell us more about your PC Specs, like you see in my sig block.

Has it ever worked?

Have you done a proper repair? - goes like this, all steps, NO options ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

What is the total time for your Project? What Quality?

it worked before. no idea why it stopped working.

dell xps studio 9100

12 gigs ram

Radeon HD 7970

windows 7 pro 64 bit

i7 at 2.67 ghz

project says used 21965.4 MB time remaining 00:35:51

quality fit to disk but the green line is on EP

when i try to check for updates a pop up says can no find the product. visit the home page. the support link only has 2011 not 2012

antivirus is off

i've done an upgrade when i initially installed it. did the repair and also uninstall and reinstall

PC looks good!

Still don't know what the Project Time is? - they don't make it easy but if you change Quality to HQ it can be calculated ;)

4.7 GB @ HQ = 1:06

8.5 GB @ HQ = 2:00

You should always use HQ and never allow Fit to Disc!

I am going to guess you have around 2 1/2 hours in your Project???

Most likely you are going to have to redo your project... But before doing that, try Edit from within MyDVD and split and delete it at the 30 minute mark (Leave only the first 30 minutes). Then output it to File or Folder.

Let's see if it will complete that smaller portion??? ;)

Also, tell us about your Project, is it one contiguous movie or many clips? What does it consist of?

yes about 2.5 hours. I tried starting a new project. When I try to add a new movie (which is a list of files - making it one movie) i get a videowave error. I think this is something related to the overall PC setup. What's the limitations here? I've done big projects before with no issues. I find it hard to believe my PC is not strong enough to do this. Seems like videowave.exe is too sensitive to drivers, screen resolution (i get further when using 1024x768 for my desktop settings). What else can I do?

...What else can I do?

Most likely you are going to have to redo your project... But before doing that, try Edit from within MyDVD and split and delete it at the 30 minute mark (Leave only the first 30 minutes). Then output it to File or Folder.

Let's see if it will complete that smaller portion??? ;)

Did you miss that part?

yes about 2.5 hours. I tried starting a new project. When I try to add a new movie (which is a list of files - making it one movie) i get a videowave error. I think this is something related to the overall PC setup. What's the limitations here? I've done big projects before with no issues. I find it hard to believe my PC is not strong enough to do this. Seems like videowave.exe is too sensitive to drivers, screen resolution (i get further when using 1024x768 for my desktop settings). What else can I do?

A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at the best (HQ) quality setting. Any longer and the video has to be compressed resulting in poor quality video. A 2.5 hour video would be unwatchable especially at the fir-to-disc setting which is the worst option available.

What does "i get further when using 1024x768 for my desktop settings" mean? As far as I know that is the required minimum resolution for using Roxio.

You have supplied no information on your source file, etc.

.MTS files from my Canon HD camera. I've tried to redo the project but even then, i get crashes just adding files to the project.

if i run 1920x1080 and try to burn the project, i'll get maybe 4% before videowave crashes. if i run 1024x768 on my desktop resolution, i can get about 40%+

.MTS files from my Canon HD camera. I've tried to redo the project but even then, i get crashes just adding files to the project.

if i run 1920x1080 and try to burn the project, i'll get maybe 4% before videowave crashes. if i run 1024x768 on my desktop resolution, i can get about 40%+

Crashes adding all, meaning different files?

Screen resolution has nothing to do with the program crashing.

Could you upload / host a sample file that crashes for you at the free, http://www.upfordown.com/

Then post a link here for us to download it and try it.

It doesn't matter what I do. The crashes are random. Adding files, project at 4%, at 40%, etc... What can I check on my PC? I don't mind randomly changing things to get this working

Under 'Tools' "Options' in videowave what are you Rendering Using, Hardware or Software?

Try the other.

Open "Task Manager" while you are doing the encoding. What is the CPU use. If it is close to 100& for any length of time and your computer is not properly cooled, the computer will shut down to prevent damage.

Disconnect from the Internet and turn OFF your antivirus. If you can, set it to NOT scan everything being written to your hard drive.

Do maintenance -- here are some free tools (links).. At a minimum get rid of junk and temporary files and defrag.

well, i just burned a new project. it was only about an hour with no menus. i guess it doesn't matter how good your pc is, this thing doesn't like big projects. still, it shouldn't matter.the program should be smart enough to manage resources and make it work

Size of the Project has nothing to do with it, it is the quality of the files you are feeding it ;)

I have done 6 & 8 hour projects without any issues.

You should try using the Canon in FXP mode rather than MXP...

By the same token, run a test batch of your Canon files through Video Copy and Convert. Change them, like this:

post-39730-0-79794700-1372261167_thumb.jpg

THEN try them out in a Project!

The 're-coding' should clear out the problems ^_^