• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Add Iphoto Slideshows To Toast 11 To Burn And Use In Dvd Player

evilengineer76

Question

11 answers to this question

The process is to export your slide show from iPhoto using the Large size setting. This is done by choosing Export... from the File menu, clicking the Slideshow tab in the window that appears, checking the Large setting and clicking the Export button. You don't need to have it open in iTunes unless you want it there. The export will take awhile.

Choose DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window. Add the exported .m4v slide show file to the main Toast window. Prepare the menu the way you want, insert a blank disc and click the burn button.

I'm stumped, too. It sounds like you're doing everything right. You have NTSC set in Toast Preferences so that's all there is to do. Toast burns disc region-free so the only compatibility issue is whether it is NTSC or PAL. When you say you formatted in NTSC was this done in Toast Preferences?

I see in your other post that Toast asked if you wanted NTSC or PAL. When I did this as a test before writing the steps in my earlier post I wasn't asked that. You also say your slideshow from iPhoto was a mp4 whereas mine was an m4v (which is basically the same thing but I'm wondering if yours indeed had the mp4 extension).

Edited by tsantee

this is what pops up after I click burn... The TV standard is currently set to PAL, but all your content is in NTSC format. Do you want to write an NTSC disc or re-encode all content to PAL?" it shows it as a Vide: H.264/AVC, 960x540, 30fps

audio is mpeg-4, 44100hz. also have one that DV/DVCPRO-NTSC, 720x480, 29.97fps with audio DV, 44100 HZ

this is what pops up after I click burn... The TV standard is currently set to PAL, but all your content is in NTSC format. Do you want to write an NTSC disc or re-encode all content to PAL?" it shows it as a Vide: H.264/AVC, 960x540, 30fps

audio is mpeg-4, 44100hz. also have one that DV/DVCPRO-NTSC, 720x480, 29.97fps with audio DV, 44100 HZ

You haven't set Toast preferences to NTSC. Click "Preferences..." that appears when you click on "Toast Titanium" in the menu bar. Then click on "Video" in the window that appears. You'll see where you can set NTSC as the preference instead of PAL.

This should not have mattered, though, for your DVD to be playable when you chose NTSC disc when you made the earlier DVD. The h.264 video you have is the same specs as the one I used for creating my test disc. The DV version also should be fine. I don't know why it didn't play. Maybe if you do it again after changing Toast's preferences it will work.