• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Keeps Hanging/crashing

HowManyMoreDays

Question

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of Toast and OS X, Mountain Lion.

Toast launches fine: however, shortly after picking a project, it hangs and when I right click on Toast in the menu bar, it says App not responding.

The same thing happens with Popcorn.

I can't get Toast to work.

Any ideas?

Pull plists? I did that already. Uninstall, re-install? I did that too.

I am at a loss.

I DID find these errors in my Console log though:

6/18/13 10:50:03.053 AM Toast Titanium[3776]: Error loading /Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda: dlopen(/Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda, 265): Library not loaded: /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcuda.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda

Reason: image not found

And also:

6/18/13 10:50:33.667 AM diskarbitrationd[16]: Toast Titanium [3776]:40495 not responding.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

I wish Roxio would get their act together and completely re-write and optimize Toast for newer processors.

IMO, the UI is terrible and it is dreadfully slow.

Amusing. That is exactly what they did with Toast 11.1. It is rewritten using the Cocoa framework whereas all previous versions were in the older Carbon framework. I think this may be the end of the line, however.

Here's what I did to fix crashing of Toast 11 on startup om Mountain Lion. I ran ONYX on my MacBook Pro to clean up as much as I could. That is, run delete of all the cache and logs. Then I restarted and ran repair permissions from Apple's Disk Utility. Toast worked again. ONYX can be found here and on many downliad sites for Mac software. http://www.titanium.free.fr/

• Like 1