• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boondox_fan

Roxio Isn't Working On My Computer

Question

I just got my roxio and I set it up like it said to and when I go to capture it says select device failed, but I can see it on my tv so what is going on?

14 answers to this question

From your description, you could have one of about three different Roxio products, the VHS to DVD product, the "standard" Roxio Game Capture for Consoles product, or the Roxio HD Game Capture product. Which of these might you have?

Some details about the computer your connected to would help too, such as, what processor you have, and what speed it runs at, how much RAM is installed, how much free disk space you have, and what version of Windows (unless you're running on a Mac?) you're running.

As a starting point, let me have you verify that you installed all of the drivers and software before you connected your device to your computer? If you didn't do it in the proper order, then that could be the cause of your problems. Let us know!

Well, now we know what you have. And the answers to the other questions I asked please? Really, those aren't random questions, the answers to them help us help you.

I have windows 8 and I am trying to record me playing my ps3, and it wont do anything I will attach a picture for you to see. http://tinypic.com/r/2z4gsg3/5

When you open device manager and plugin and unplug the USB Device what drivers/changes appear in device manager?

boondox_fan, I asked specific questions, 7, in fact. You've answered 2. Windows 8 should be okay. At this point, I would specifically like to know if you did indeed install the software/drivers before plugging the Game Capture Pro into your USB port. If you could also list your PCs specs, as asked above, that information would also be useful. Again, what I asked for isn't "random" information, it's information that's needed to help us help you get it going.

We can do this one answer at a time if you really want to, but you could speed the whole process up.

boondox_fan: we have had this error reported a couple of times but haven't had what I would call a 'Definitive Solution' for it yet!

HOW are you attaching your PS3? (Component cables or HDMI?)

You need to hook up something else to the RGC - a DVD or BD Player or any other player/device that has Component or HDMI output!!!

Your PC specs are easy, Win-Pause.

Post a pic or type out everything that appears in the System section.

While you are there, upper left corner is Device Manager.

Click that next and then you can answer what cdanteek was asking in Post #6

Then maybe we can make a suggestion after you give us something to work with ;)