• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Glitchy Video With No Solution?

kkrotz

Question

Sup there guys

I've had this capture card for about two months now and I really do enjoy the quality it gives me, but it is inconsistently glitchy on my laptop.

I have an i7 720qm processor (1.6ghz turboboosted to 2.4) and I don't know if the low clockspeed is causing the glitchyness. I've reformatted my pc to no avail and for some reason it glitches out more severely when I'm connected to a power source. I've looked into the power options and its set to 'high performance'. I've even downloaded the razer game booster and boosted the app. On top of that I've made the priority of application set to 'high' and for some reason it just glitches. The software is at its latest version and I record at max quality (if I lower the quality it still has the same issue).

System specs :

Ati Radeon 5650

6gb ram ddr3

intel i7 720qm

hp pavilion dv7 (not sure of model make)

Windows 7 64bit

Edited by kkrotz

9 answers to this question

Sup there guys

I've had this capture card for about two months now and I really do enjoy the quality it gives me, but it is inconsistently glitchy on my laptop.

I have an i7 720qm processor (1.6ghz turboboosted to 2.4) and I don't know if the low clockspeed is causing the glitchyness. I've reformatted my pc to no avail and for some reason it glitches out more severely when I'm connected to a power source. I've looked into the power options and its set to 'high performance'. I've even downloaded the razer game booster and boosted the app. On top of that I've made the priority of application set to 'high' and for some reason it just glitches. The software is at its latest version and I record at max quality (if I lower the quality it still has the same issue).

System specs :

Ati Radeon 5650

6gb ram ddr3

intel i7 720qm

What are "glitches"? What is the "razer game booster" supposed to do?

Actually, this isn't the first posting where someone said it's more "glitchy" when connected to the power supply than when running on the battery.

Really sucks, because its the most annoying thing to charge my laptop just so that I can capture (the battery life drains quickly when capturing)

I have an i7 720qm processor (1.6ghz turboboosted to 2.4) and I don't know if the low clockspeed is causing the glitchyness. I've reformatted my pc to no avail and for some reason it glitches out more severely when I'm connected to a power source.

System specs :

Ati Radeon 5650

6gb ram ddr3

intel i7 720qm

Windows 7 64bit

While I cannot say for certain, I strongly suspect that Turbo Boost is the root cause of this...

Anytime you pull out a trick to make something do what it otherwise could not, the results are always less than the hype :lol:

Most Laptops limit functions, like turbo boost, when running on battery... You say yours works OK on battery but not on AC.

Of course 2 other things happen when push the plug in... Your charger may not be up to the task.

AND I see that in your country there can be 3 different power standards :huh:

THAT looks like a real possible contender ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

While I cannot say for certain, I strongly suspect that Turbo Boost is the root cause of this...

Anytime you pull out a trick to make something do what it otherwise could not, the results are always less than the hype :lol:

Most Laptops limit functions, like turbo boost, when running on battery... You say yours works OK on battery but not on AC.

Of course 2 other things happen when push the plug in... Your charger may not be up to the task.

AND I see that in your country there can be 3 different power standards :huh:

THAT looks like a real possible contender ;)

Is there anyway to turn turboboost off an overclock the cpu ?

Really sucks, because its the most annoying thing to charge my laptop just so that I can capture (the battery life drains quickly when capturing)

This may not work, but it's not too expensive to try, get a powered USB 2.0 hub to put between the laptop and the usb capture device so that your laptop isn't providing power to the capture device. Now, the capture device may not work with a hub between it and the laptop, but if it does, it should help the power drain.

Good idea Dave!

Also you have to TRY the other suggestions I made before reaching any conclussions :huh:

You never mentioned what gaming system you are using?

Xbox 360. I've tried on the slim and the elite. I've also used 3 different tvs (all led, some big, some small)