• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Creator 2011 Will Not Recognise Blank Disc

llewitha

Question

I have a problem with Roxio Creator Pro 2011 in music disc creator. When I attempt to burn a cd I get a message asking to insert a blank cd even though there is already a blank disc in the drive. I click on ok but it still fails to see that a blank disc is in the drive. I've never had this problem with other versions of Roxio and I previously used this version successfully with XP. I am now using Windows 7 Pro. Windows itself recognises the blank disc I can copy files to the disc directly through windows and other applications but music disc creator does not see the disc. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

13 answers to this question

I have a problem with Roxio Creator Pro 2011 in music disc creator. When I attempt to burn a cd I get a message asking to insert a blank cd even though there is already a blank disc in the drive. I click on ok but it still fails to see that a blank disc is in the drive. I've never had this problem with other versions of Roxio and I previously used this version successfully with XP. I am now using Windows 7 Pro. Windows itself recognises the blank disc I can copy files to the disc directly through windows and other applications but music disc creator does not see the disc. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How many drives show when you click the burn?

Thank you for responding cdanteek. I have one DVD drive and it shows the correct drive when burn is clicked. When I click burn the correct drive shows with the message Medium not present tray closed unit not ready insert disc. Then I open the drive put a blank cd into it, close the drive. the message changes to Blank CD-R Free space: 702.8 MB (1 CD-R 80Min needed) so at this stage it slooking good.

Then I click OK, the box changes as though it is starting, then the tray opens and another little box opens saying insert disc please insert a blank disc in this drive. I close the tray and click OK and then the tray opens again and the message box comes back saying insert disc and it goes on and on like this.

Llewitha

Thank you for responding cdanteek. I have one DVD drive and it shows the correct drive when burn is clicked. When I click burn the correct drive shows with the message Medium not present tray closed unit not ready insert disc. Then I open the drive put a blank cd into it, close the drive. the message changes to Blank CD-R Free space: 702.8 MB (1 CD-R 80Min needed) so at this stage it slooking good.

Then I click OK, the box changes as though it is starting, then the tray opens and another little box opens saying insert disc please insert a blank disc in this drive. I close the tray and click OK and then the tray opens again and the message box comes back saying insert disc and it goes on and on like this.

Llewitha

If your positive the disc is empty try burning to the disc in that drive with another software like Windows Media Player.

If it works turn off all programs especially antivirus/firewall, insert your C2011 Pro disc and choose Repair when offered, when done reboot the PC and check it again.

Edited by cdanteek

Right I have done that now.

First of all I can burn using other applications without a problem. I've done the repair with antivirus and firewall off but Roxio still refuses to burn.

Shall I uninstall and then reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks

Right I have done that now.

First of all I can burn using other applications without a problem. I've done the repair with antivirus and firewall off but Roxio still refuses to burn.

Shall I uninstall and then reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks

Not what I asked you! Can you burn the same disc you tried to burn with Roxio in another application?

Sorry I should have made it clearer. I have burned the files to the disc, the same disc using windows inbuilt disc burning facility. I have also used other applications today to burn other files.

Llewitha

Sorry I should have made it clearer. I have burned the files to the disc, the same disc using windows inbuilt disc burning facility. I have also used other applications today to burn other files.

Llewitha

Any other Roxio Software installed?

It worked well with XP but not since I upgraded to Wndows 7

I have run C Cleaner just once since installing Windows 7

I made certain that all programs were closed including Anti virus and Firewall.

I have not done an uninstall/reinstall yet. I will do if I'm told to.

Llewitha

It worked well with XP but not since I upgraded to Wndows 7

I have run C Cleaner just once since installing Windows 7

I made certain that all programs were closed including Anti virus and Firewall.

I have not done an uninstall/reinstall yet. I will do if I'm told to.

Llewitha

I run C2011 Pro on W-7 Ultimate x64 with no problems.

I would do a proper repair and see it it works?

If so I wouldn't run ccleaner unless you like fixing your Roxio software?