• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JordanMUFC1394

Roxio Game Cap Hd - Not Displaying On Tv Or Laptop "no Signal"

Question

I have been using my Roxio Game Cap pro on my Xbox 360 since Mid November 2012, nearly 8 months, and all has been good, until today. The Roxio has decided it won't give an output to the TV or the Software which is provided with the device. The software has the words "No Signal" like so. I have tried everything suggested on these forums, including Replacing the HDMI leads, 4 leads tested, all with the same failing outcome, and setting the roxio to automatic as suggested in here - ​http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/88332-red-no-signal-issue/?do=findComment&comment=443915

Now if anyone could help that would be grand :)

post-113496-0-28539100-1372432096_thumb.png

RGC_Log_6282013_0.txt

20 answers to this question

Frankly I am delighted you got it running on that PC -_- It is below spec and I am surprised you were happy with it ;)

Of course that is not the problem here!

Two things you need to do:

One - a proper repair

Two - test with a
completely different source!

For the first, do it this way:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

For the second, use a DVD or BD Player, anything that has HDMI or even Component Output but it can't be your Xbox!

Actually a 3rd step would be to let a friend install it on their PC and see if it works... (trying to confirm or eliminate the RGC Device from the error)

The one from amazon doesn't work either :( Any suggestions lads would definetly make me alot happier, really am losing the plot, now I have 2 Roxio Game Cap Hd's but neither will work :(

Definetly not the equipment as a brand new one straight out the box didn't work either. Really am lost with this one :(

Most assuredly IS the equipment or setup you are running, unless you really believe you got 2 bad devices in a row!

I'm on my phone now so I can't really type out all the things you need to do...

I'll try later.

I've just done a full system restore back to factory settings, as the disk drive stopped working :( And the software for the Roxio has gotten stuck at "Installing Microsoft .Net V4.0"

Yeah, but if it's a "common" problem, we have an awareness of it, and can push the testing with another HDMI device to verify the Game Cap unit.

Edited by d_deweywright
clarity

Yes, but now we might want to specifically have them test the HDMI port. None of my DVD players have HDMI, only Component outputs. I guess I can get an HDMI signal from my video card on my PC...

Right, most Laps will have mini HDMI output, requiring an adapter cable, but it is difficult to use the same Source as the Capture device too...

I did it with my desktop but had 2 Monitors.