Question

Hi there!

Problem: Roxio records fine onto Laptop and picture displays in HD, but no signal to monitor to display video, even with manual monitor input selection (it also has VGA input)

My connectors are as follows:

XBOX 360 HDMI Out -> HDMI Roxio HD Capture Pro IN ->HDMI Out -> Apple Branded HDMI to DVI-D (Dual Link) Adaptor -> DVI-D (Single Link) cable -> Samsung 2232bw Monitor DVI IN.

+ USB Roxio -> USB Vista Laptop

Extra Info: -My Xbox works fine connecting the monitor via the DVI HDMI adaptor setup directly without the Roxio

-Video output fine using another display when DVI adaptor not in use with direct HDMI output (with and without Roxio)

I know this makes it seem like the Roxio will not work with a DVI adaptor, but this post seemed to suggest otherwise, I just couldn't work out how to do it!

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/83745-hdmi-input-to-hdmi-output-to-hdmi-dvi-cord-for-pc-streaming/

Thanks for your help,

Max

12 answers to this question

I too am having a problem like this.

My xbox is connected to the roxio via HDMI - HDMI cable, and the monitor is hooked up via HDMI (in the roxio) - DVI (on the monitor).

I can see the xbox dashboard on my roxio program on my PC but I have nothing coming on my monitor. The source is correct on the monitor also..

When the xbox is connected directly to the monitor it is via the HDMI - DVI cord and it works perfectly fine.

Someone please have an answer for me as this is very frustrating...

The Roxio RGC uses HDCP coding in its' output...

IF your Monitor is not HDCP Compliant, it won't work ;)

When the xbox is connected directly to the monitor it is via the HDMI - DVI cord and it works perfectly fine.

It would have to be a HDMI compliant monitor then.

The Roxio RGC uses HDCP coding in its' output...

IF your Monitor is not HDCP Compliant, it won't work ;)

Thanks for the reply, I have researched and yes, it is HDCP compliant, any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply, I have researched and yes, it is HDCP compliant, any other ideas?

You have a monitor hooked up to the Xbox for viewing and a different PC and monitor with the USB Capture device hooked up with USB?

You have a monitor hooked up to the Xbox for viewing and a different PC and monitor with the USB Capture device hooked up with USB?

No, not exactly...

-My monitor DOES display properly when connected to the Xbox when I don't use the Roxio

-When using my Roxio, I plug my roxio to my Xbox via HDMI, myRoxio to my laptop for recording via usb, and hdmi out of Roxio to dvi adaptor to monitor, - This is where the monitor does not display anything, but my laptop gets the signal and can record fine -- SIDE NOTE: I found when I have just connected my monitor this way, my monitor starts searching for an input like it knows there is one, but gives up after a while :P

I plug my roxio to my Xbox via HDMI, myRoxio to my laptop for recording via usb, and hdmi out of Roxio to dvi adaptor to monitor,

Is the monitor and the laptop the same?

Or do you have a separate monitor from Roxio Capture Card to monitor?

Then a laptop to connect the Roxio USB Capture Device USB?

Like this pic?

post-97-0-11246400-1372528166_thumb.jpg

Or do you have a separate monitor from Roxio Capture Card to monitor?

Then a laptop to connect the Roxio USB Capture Device USB?

Like this pic?

post-97-0-11246400-1372528166_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is right, I have a monitor connected just to my xbox via roxio, and a separate windows vista PC

and a separate windows vista PC

With the software installed and hooked to the Roxio USB Capture Device with USB to the Windows Vista PC ?

With the software installed and hooked to the Roxio USB Capture Device with USB to the Windows Vista PC ?

Yes, that is correct.

Not likely or it would work ^_^

To test, you need to borrow another monitor...

Just so you know, we do see a lot of this when a HDMI to DVI-D plug is used.

Unless cd can think of other testing/solution I would suggest that, 'a solution' would be to use an HDMI Splitter at the Xbox and run one HDMI cable to your Monitor and the other to the RGC...

I have had the same problem a couple of months back - after my TV broke down I tried setting up XBOX > HDMI > RGCP > HDMI to DVI-D cable. The problem with me was not the gamecap pro, it was my Xbox. In my case it couldn't make heads or tails of what type the monitor is because it recognizes both the HDMI and DVI. I discovered this when I connected my XBOX directly to my monitor with the HDMI to DVI-D cable. in the display settings it said DVI rather than HDMI.

Hope this helped!

EDIT

My solution, although it cost me about €239, was buying a new monitor with HDMI, so now my RGCP setup is:

XBOX > HDMI > RGCP > HDMI > Monitor/TV

Edited by ThechemistNL