DeannaD

Can't Open Desktop Version Of Photoshow...

Question

I try to open the desktop version of photoshow and I keep being told that "Cannot Authenticate to the Roxio Photoshow Service. This error occurs most often when the local windows date and time are incorrectly set. Please make sure your computer's date, time and timezone are all set correctly and try again." My computer's date, time and timezone are all set correctly. This error is really frustrating!! Anyone know how to fix this????

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Mac or PC. The desktop version doesn't run on a MAC.

Try re-downloading the software and install it over what you have now. Try it again. It sounds like the servers may have been down. Hopefully they are now up and running again.

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

I try to open the desktop version of photoshow and I keep being told that "Cannot Authenticate to the Roxio Photoshow Service. This error occurs most often when the local windows date and time are incorrectly set. Please make sure your computer's date, time and timezone are all set correctly and try again." My computer's date, time and timezone are all set correctly. This error is really frustrating!! Anyone know how to fix this????

I am having the same problem. I have just tried to install in Windows 8 and get the comment "Local Date and Time are incorrectly set"

• Like 2

Sorry, someone with W 8 will have to try it. It could be that the Roxio/Corel servers are down. How long have you been trying? How long have you had the product?

In the meantime, try this.

Edited by sknis

I have a PC and the software was working fine for the last 3 months (I installed it in March and have the premium) but now it doesn't want to work. My computer's date and time is correct and going in and applying changes does not do anything to correct the issue!

• Like 1

I have a PC and the software was working fine for the last 3 months (I installed it in March and have the premium) but now it doesn't want to work. My computer's date and time is correct and going in and applying changes does not do anything to correct the issue!

I get the same thing. post-97-0-26367700-1372519811_thumb.jpg

When I go to the website the security certificate has expired. I click continue to the website (not recommended) and I can signin.

It's been reported to a board administrator.

post-97-0-55485800-1372519921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is exactly what is happening for me, right down to the problem with the security certification when I try to sign on online, however I had a slideshow on my desktop that I want to open and post and I can't!! :(

• Like 1

I have had the same problem this morning, "certificate" errors - Not my usual experience - love Roxio - but it seems these things always happen when I am rushing to load something. lol

Hello people..I also am having trouble opening photoshow from my desk top with exactly what you have described. I have windows 7. When I sign in with the online version only the last 2 recent photoshows are there. Helpppp...why cant I open it from my desk top. My clock and date and time zone are just fine. The message reads.... Cannot Authenticate to the Roxio Photoshow Service. This error occurs most often when the local windows date and time are incorrectly set. Please make sure your computer's date, time and timezone are all set correctly and try again." My computer's date, time and timezone are all set correctly.: This is just crap. Have had photoshow for many years and no problems. Can anyone please help ?? Jill In Montana

• Like 1

Sorry, someone with W 8 will have to try it. It could be that the Roxio/Corel servers are down. How long have you been trying? How long have you had the product?

In the meantime, try this.

I have both Windows 8 computer and Windows Vista and the problem is the same for both computers (it has previously been working on Windows Vista)

I have both Windows 8 computer and Windows Vista and the problem is the same for both computers (it has previously been working on Windows Vista)

Michael, I am using Chrome as a browser, If I go to the PhotoShow site, I get the pop up window that asks me if I want to contiue. If I select to continue, I get to the site. Have you tried a different browser?

Edit: I just tried IE9 and I was able to continue onto the web site if I selected that option. Since you know it is safe, you can select that option.

FireFox has different language that says essentially the same thing. I didn't try Safari.

Do you get the same thing and are you able to into the site using the option to allow?

If you have the desktop version, can you get in from there rather than from a browser?

Edited by sknis

If you open your computer to unsafe site, then ALL unsafe sites are available.

Not true, your browser will warn you, it's your choice to 'continue to the website' I have and no harm has been done!

I just tried and was not able to sign in via the desktop version (yet).

Did you sign in via a browser or via the program? If a browser, which one?

Guest Rox-Ralf

Issue has already been resolved. Please give it a try and confirm if it is working on your end.

Fixed so now it works. :P

Edited by sknis

Same problem on Windows 7 today 7/3/2016.

Which problem was that --- registering or using? Do you have a membership? Did you download the latest version? PC or MA?.

You have left too many issues unsaid so it is difficult to provide a fix.