AJJMH

New Product Will Not Run - Freezes And Will Not Respond

Question

Hello,

Newby here. Want to transfer video from video camera to computer to do some editing and dvd making. I bought Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus and installed it. Everything seemed to go well. I open it and it froze. Would not respond at all. Waited hours and still froze. I did a repair install and now it opens but freezes when I try to locate file to import. I have tried everything I can think of.

I have a new Win 7 64bit system. IS this the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks, AJJMH

6 answers to this question

What video camcorder do you have? Make and model number please.

Did you install the software BEFORE plugging in the USB device? Was your antivirus active during the install?

Tell us about your computer. Follow these instructions (link). Remember to attach the text file, do not copy and try to paste.

While I doubt that your PC is the issue, press Win-Pause and list your specs.

While there click on Device Manager:

List your video card and what drivers do you see when you plug in the Capture USB Device?

Ok, here goes with answers. I have a Samsung Digital Camera Model SCD103. I think it the camera was plugged in while I installed. Antivirus was left on.

Sorry Jim, I do not see a Win-Pause. I am also not sure how to locate the drivers - nothing new comes up at the bottom when I plug it in. Not sure if you can get the info from this attachment.

I have a Win 7 64 bit made by Cyberpower. Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 4.0 GB. Also the system shows that the Windows experience index is 5.9 with Processor: 6.9, RAM 5.9, Graphics: 6.0, Gaming Graphics: 6.9 and Primary hard disk 5.0. Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTS250. When I go under device manager the only driver I see is the TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device.

Let me know if I need to provide anything else.

ALSO, I tried to uninstall to do it again without device plugged and with antivirus off but it came up saying a file was missing so uninstall was not completed.

DxDiag.txt

Ok, here goes with answers. I have a Samsung Digital Camera Model SCD103. I think it the camera was plugged in while I installed. Antivirus was left on.

Sorry Jim, I do not see a Win-Pause. I am also not sure how to locate the drivers - nothing new comes up at the bottom when I plug it in. Not sure if you can get the info from this attachment.

I have a Win 7 64 bit made by Cyberpower. Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 4.0 GB. Also the system shows that the Windows experience index is 5.9 with Processor: 6.9, RAM 5.9, Graphics: 6.0, Gaming Graphics: 6.9 and Primary hard disk 5.0. Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTS250. When I go under device manager the only driver I see is the TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device.

Let me know if I need to provide anything else.

ALSO, I tried to uninstall to do it again without device plugged and with antivirus off but it came up saying a file was missing so uninstall was not completed.

You have a digital camcorder not a digital camera.

You do not use the VHS2DVD3 device but should be using a Firewire connection to capture the video.

Edited by myguggi