Sign in to follow this  
monik

Photoshow Issues With Windows 8

Question

Same boat. Windows 8, got sick of customer service uselessness and their ghost links... Unfortunatelly the store is also a ghost and the service doesnt recognize your purchase to request a refund..... I moved to (deleted) works and you can add music and different transition effectst to each slide.... accepts all size of pictures and ..... I think I got a loss of money not quality.... plus you buy (not allowed) t once... you use it until you buy the next version no yearly updates.... and as a bonus you get (software).. purchasing the non commercial version with license for 3 pc's a bargain... and you can find free tutorials in youtube.... this ROXIO site sucks!!! ahhh I almost forgot... you can also make wmv movies.... to post in the web.

my recommendation of other software was not spam it is from MICROSOFT NOT SPAM you read that?

Edited by monik
Edited to remove references to other software - can be considered spam.

8 answers to this question

I edited your post. Suggestions to other software when a Roxio products works - yes it does - is not allowed. Go elsewhere to rip Roxio/Corel. You are comparing apples and oranges. BTW, you can make wmv AND mpg2 files with the desktop version.

Contact Roxio Tech Service for support.

Edited by sknis

I have been given a warning not to recommend any software when Roxio works for everyone, i guess that not everyone that pays is allow to use the software let alone get the money back because this is not really working for any of the people in this post.

skins solve my issue..... in the mean time I am happy with (deleted) until I have this resolved or my money back

I guess I will be banned from this group for saying it again.... I would appreciate it to get my money back since ROXIO STOPPED WORKING FOR ME WEEKS AGO.... IS THAT FAIR??? or is this post to talk about how good it works for everyone????

Edited by sknis

People are seldom banned for complaining unless they make personal attacks. Spam can be any software; useful or not that is promoted without preople asking for it.

If you have problems with PhotoShow and it started several weeks ago, then it is most likely that you are using IE10. That update cause all kinds of issues with the audio. You have not given us any detail on YOUR problem but attached you post to one where the problem is related to a security issue. You apparently do not have that issue.

You can roll back IE 10 to IE 9 and the audio issue goes away. If you must use IE 10 (for some reason) you can use another browser as your default. If you look at someof the posts in this section, you will find the discussion..

If you issues is not related to security nor is it related to the audio issue, please tell us what version of PhotoShow you are using, if you have redownloaded and installed the desktop version (that fixes many issues), and exactly what is not working for you.

I'm splitting this last several posts so it will be clear that the problem is not the same as the others.

Edited by sknis

I cant open the desktop software I do not use IE for logging into the site.

I have the same problem as stated at the beginning of the blog and it is due to the time zone and date, of the computer which it is correct but the software does not log in.

I have downloaded the last version of desktop and it will not let me log into the software I can actually log in into the site, but for me it is not an option I like to keep things in my computer which is faster for the images processing.

SInce it tells me to log in to the server for verification purposes it gives me the pop up window that others have and it wont let me paste. YEsterday I spent hours with CS of ROxio phone site without any results and finished frustrated. Reason why I found this post. THere is another post that asks for help in which digital guru says there is no solution.

Is the log in using IE10 in the background to connect to the server for verification purposes?

thank you for any help you can provide.

THe error says Cannot Authenticate to the roxio photo show server, this is most likely because the date and time are incorrecltly set and so on, I got the errors in the web site but I went through them by ignoring the warnings.

DEsktop version does not want to work.

I can only tell you that I am using the last version of photoshow because when the problems started I re loaded that last version.

I cant open it because of the error above so I cant give you the exact number.

BTW Roxio Tech support is non existant.

Edited by monik

The issue with the security certificate only occurred a week ago but you have been having issues for a couple of weeks according to your earlier post. Quote: ROXIO STOPPED WORKING FOR ME WEEKS AGO.".

It may be that your last download and install may have been the issue. Do you have an earlier download in your download files? Try turning off your antivirus (that download has already been scanned) and try installing that earlier download. You should not have to log in to open the program downloaded program. I can open the program even if I'm not connected to the Internet.

When the issue with the certificate file arose, I tried logging in both from several browsers AND for the program itself.

Roxio/Corel Tech Support exists;but I agree that it is not very good. The program is old and not many Tech Support people have used it. I doubt if they have any good manuals to read from.

I just tried to log in again via the desktop version and this time I was unable to do so. At this point, you can get in only via the browser. I have no idea how long it will take Roxio/Corel to fix the security certificate.

Edited by sknis

This issue has been resolved Desktop Roxio photoshow version is now working. I checked this past weekend.

I believe I found the solution!

Roxio Photoshow will not work with Windows 10. I reverted back to Windows 8/8.1 and it worked fine until I did the Windows Updates. Once I did the updates (156 of them) the Photoshow window would not open or Windows crashed. I worked on this all day and found the culprit, and Roxio support doesn't even know this one. DO NOT install Windows Security Update (kb3087040) It will kill your Photoshow! I tested it by removing it and it worked again. All other updates worked fine. So your solution is:

1. Photoshow not working with Windows 10

2. When reverting back, do not install Update (kb3087040)