• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Drag Music Files Into Toast

Ancestxor

Question

Transcribing music from cassette tapes, I'm producing them in either AIFF or MP3 (MPRG layer 3) formats. However I cannot drag them into the Toast pane - they just fly back out again. I've never struck this before with music, data or video files. What am I doing wrong?

3 answers to this question

No I'm not in Convert. The conversion from analogue to digital is done via an iMic device. I'm using Wire Tap Studio to produce the audio file. It gives me the choice of any format from three MP3 formats (according to compression) to AIFF and several others. The music files in MP3 or AIFF are saved to the library. From there is should be just a matter of dragging them into Toast. I have set the Toast selection to Audio (not Convert), and tried choosing the different disk types, but Toast will not accept the files!

Sorry, I don't know why this is happening. It should work. Maybe there is a permissions issue with the file so that Toast isn't allowed to read them. Use Get Info on the files in the Finder to see if you have read & write permissions. You might also try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder as those are known to get corrupted. But I haven't previously heard of this problem so I doubt if that will help.