Convert Greyscale To Color

Scotty G

Question

3 answers to this question

Have you tried clicking on the Enhance Photo tab in Photosuite (third tab), and then choose Special Effects.Try the Adjust Color or Tinted Lens category, or try Fill Effects, Colorize, TInt, etc. If that's not what you are after, post back with more detail of what you're trying to do.

Edited by karri

If you're thinking of "colorizing" as in the way a black and white movie had been colorized, then no. That's done by first isolating an area, then manually determining a color for that area (as in a suit jacket, a face, skin areas like hands, exposed legs, draperies...) and then having a computer "track" those areas for each frame and adjusting the color. But you have to start with the manual process, which is where you're starting.

As Karri said, you can "tint" a picture without too much problem.

Edited by d_deweywright

Thank you for the replies. I was hoping for a quick way to convert multiple images to color. My assumption was that when a black & white picture is taken, each shade of grey would represent a certain color and an algorithm could re-transpose them back to an educated guess of what the color was. It doesn't sound like Photosuite has that function. I will continue to look around and see if software exists that might be able to do this that is reasonably priced.