Sign in to follow this  
foladar

Display On Preview Screen Is Broken..

Question

Yet another issue with this device/software. It was working fine this morning, then it crashed so I tried to reopen it. Now the display screen isn't working, however I can capture and take photos of the actual footage.

http://i.imgur.com/u3nrPTC.png

I've tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling for the last 3 hours, only once getting anywhere but it was the wrong direction (red no signal, had to uninstall and finally we're back to this point)

edit: PC is a i5 2400, AMD Radeon 6850, 8gb ram before my pc is blamed.

Edited by foladar

4 answers to this question

If it worked and then crashed what changed??? (can't be the software!)

Hint ~ your video card drivers/software?

Roll them back AND see if you have a Recovery Point in Windows that you can go back to ;)

Nothing changed. The software crashed, and I opened it again, it wouldn't work. It stopped working once the software crashed. I tried the rollback, didn't do any good, that was my first guess too after the software crash.

edit: Tried even the beta drivers for my gpu, nope, still broken. It works, but the preview is broken, so I can see if I take a screenshot for example it's still working, just seems like something in the software went bonkers that killed the preview window during the crash of it.

Edited by foladar

was hoping someone had this issue and fixed it, figured maybe it was a software problem so i fully removed it but it's still not working. i mean it works but i can't see the preview screen so it's still kinda faulty. upgraded drivers, tried rollback. was hopeful maybe there was a setting im missing to reset it but doesn't look like it.

Edited by foladar