• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Rw Drive Is Having Trouble Reading The Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro Disc

mehmehmeh

Question

Wrll, the topic title is pretty self explanatory, but I will go ahead and spill my beans anyway.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO box set. Everything was fine. My device came in, all of the cables were there, my manual, and my disc were all present. However, I have attempted to run the disc in my DVD-RW drive (E:\) on my Vista Laptop and it seems that it doesn't pick the disk up at all. The drive doesn't change from it's default image, and it shows no indication that a disk is present. I have put the disk in another (far less advanced) computer, and the disc started up immediately. My Vista laptop has been somewhat off and on about running disks. Is there some way that one could fix the drive? If not, would buying and using a new external disk drive work? Feedback is greatly appreciated, as well as your time.

7 answers to this question

An external USB DVD drive would likely solve your problem. But, you could always copy the contents of the disc to a thumb drive, and put that in your laptop and install from there, which should also work. We're assuming now, that your laptop has the processing power required to run the application...

I assume you're finding the files "corrupted" when you try to copy them off the USB drive onto your laptop? Try the same copy on your "working" PC, if they copy fine there, then I would suspect your laptop has some serious issues that will need to be taken care of before running the game capture software, even if it was installed.

Hi guys, Ive been having the same type of problem. I had everything installed and working for about 3 months, then , I had to reinstall the disc because My mom deleed crap from my computer. And now the disk wont show up at all. Other disks show up in the same PC, but the Roxio CD doesnt get read. Any help?

Hi guys, Ive been having the same type of problem. I had everything installed and working for about 3 months, then , I had to reinstall the disc because My mom deleed crap from my computer. And now the disk wont show up at all. Other disks show up in the same PC, but the Roxio CD doesnt get read. Any help?

You will have to try it on another PC or Drive...

Get a friend to make you a copy.