Sign in to follow this  
lilfro91

Audio Is Continually Messed Up

Question

I do my commentary in audacity, and when i try to add it to my project in VideoWave its gets all out fo wack. It starts off right where it needs to be, and then if you skip to about 1/2 way through the video the commentary is about 3 seconds ahead of the video and it coninues to go farther and farther ahead from there. I have absolutely no idea why it does this. I have never had this problem until this week.

I have tried doing a completely new project to no luck. I have tried repairing the software to no luck. I have cleared the proxy files. I have rebooted my computer numerous times. Nothing i do seems to have any effect and I am getting very aggrevated. If I have to switch to another software I will. I like the way Videowave is set up, its easy to use, and it was free with my HD Pro. I am used to this software. Overall I am not pleased with VideWave at all. It is very slow, and this isn't teh 1st time i have had problems with it.

23 answers to this question

Try adding the Audio to an Internal Audio Track of the recorded clip. ;)

I do. I make it so it's a part of the selectd panal.

Supply ALL info about this Audio file ~ where, what, how???

Post a sample on a web hosting site so we can download it and take it for a test drive.

And a few Screencaps posted here of your Project would help as well ~ posting info, HERE

Supply ALL info about this Audio file ~ where, what, how???

Post a sample on a web hosting site so we can download it and take it for a test drive.

And a few Screencaps posted here of your Project would help as well ~ posting info, HERE

I found out it is most likely a frame rate issue. Like my video could have potentially been recorded in one speed, but the timeline i put it on is slightly faster. I'm not sure how this could have happened. how can I go about finding out FPS in videowave? not only the new timeline but also teh video I'm going to edit? I want to make sure they match up correctly. or whats the best way to record and best edit settings?

Edited by lilfro91

Frame Rate has Nothing to do with it!

Supply some screen caps of your project so we can see what it is you are doing.

Your Project in VideoWave!!!

At the start when/where you add audio and anything else that might give us an idea what you are doing?

It is not that YOU are doing anything wrong, but I want to see if I can get enough to duplicate your issue ;)

...and the Audio you add???

I was hoping to see something like:

Project Track:

post-39730-0-78243100-1374235208_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-26178800-1374235213_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-12730900-1374235216_thumb.jpg

Or Internal Track:

post-39730-0-28718400-1374235220_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-87851400-1374235223_thumb.jpg

They work differently depending on where it is placed ;)

When I add my audio I click the blue music icon with the + symbol on it. Majority of the time I select "add on music track" because my commentary is one continual piece that stretches the whole video.

When I add my audio I click the blue music icon with the + symbol on it. Majority of the time I select "add on music track" because my commentary is one continual piece that stretches the whole video.

...and that has not been working for you, so try it with the instructions I posted (ignoring the ones for Internal Track) ;)

...and that has not been working for you, so try it with the instructions I posted (ignoring the ones for Internal Track) ;)

ok i tried it your way and it actually made a HUGE difference although its not quite there. I'm still just a tad off. But nowhere near where I was. any other suggestions to get it where it needs to be? If not, I can probably figure it out from here. I really appreciate the help

If the Audio is Late, you may need to 'Pad' some time onto the beginning of the Video clip so you have a place to move the Audio forward to...

Right Click the Video while in the Internal Tracks editing and Add a Blank Panel.

Default is about 5 seconds and that should give you enough working room ;)

Adjust the audio position so it syncs up, then lastly position the scrubber at the beginning of the video, Split and Delete the blank panel. This will also split and delete the unneeded audio.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

If the Audio is Late, you may need to 'Pad' some time onto the beginning of the Video clip so you have a place to move the Audio forward to...

Right Click the Video while in the Internal Tracks editing and Add a Blank Panel.

Default is about 5 seconds and that should give you enough working room ;)

Adjust the audio position so it syncs up, then lastly position the scrubber at the beginning of the video, Split and Delete the blank panel. This will also split and delete the unneeded audio.

Ok I have found out something new in this issue. I tried recording/commentating a whole separate game with no problems at all. The audio synced up perfectly. My problem was with the brand new NCAA Football 14 game that just came out on July 9th. I tried Metal Gear Solid 2 which came out years ago, and it worked fine! Does being a brand new game have anything to do with it you think?

...I don't see how...

BOTH are recorded using RGC so there will be NO Difference in the basic source file.

One other trick I recall from a few years back was to SPLIT the production every 5 minutes or so in VideoWave.

No one knows why it seemed to work :huh:

But it did ;)

Now this was for sync issues relating to the internal audio track.

You should know that every editor made has some problem with this at one time or another :D

...I don't see how...

BOTH are recorded using RGC so there will be NO Difference in the basic source file.

One other trick I recall from a few years back was to SPLIT the production every 5 minutes or so in VideoWave.

No one knows why it seemed to work :huh:

But it did ;)

Now this was for sync issues relating to the internal audio track.

You should know that every editor made has some problem with this at one time or another :D

Alright well I really do appreciate your continual help! made a huge difference. Topic solved.