• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pal & Ntsc Recording

mephisto

Question

Hi,I recently acquired Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus to transfer old VHS tapes into MPG files on an HDD. The software captures and stores PAL tapes O, however, when it comes to NTSC it generates a message that there is no video on a blank screen, however, the audio seems to be received OK as I can hear it. The VCER plays both PAL and NTSC and automatically detects the standard for playback (this has been tested many times already). Are there any settings I need to change in order for the software to detect NTSC? Should I acquire a NTSC dongle? Thanks a lot.

1 answer to this question

In the EVD 3 version, there are not many choices to make... The capture device's are Analog to Digital and could care less what format the input signal is.

I would like you to examine the disc contents a little closer with Windows Explorer.

Look into the VIDEO_TS folder at the VTS_O1_1.VOB file...

The "Frame width:" and "Frame height:" will tell you what format it was burned as:

720 X 480 for NTSC

720 X 576 for PAL

What are yours???

(by the way, this is not the right Forum for EVD 3 but I don't want to move it until you post back ;) )