• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recommend Video Cards?

KRS62

Question

Is there a list somewhere of recommend video cards to use with NXT? Or, is there a list of ones you shouldn't use? I have a ASUS/AMD Radeon HD7750 and the error I am getting could be related to the video card, drivers, etc. I am open to having an excuse of upgrading this video card if it will help get me up and running and also giving better performance in NXT.

thanks!

KRS

20 answers to this question

Is there a list somewhere of recommend video cards to use with NXT? Or, is there a list of ones you shouldn't use? I have a ASUS/AMD Radeon HD7750 and the error I am getting could be related to the video card, drivers, etc. I am open to having an excuse of upgrading this video card if it will help get me up and running and also giving better performance in NXT.

thanks!

KRS

You never mentioned the error your getting?

The ASUS/AMD Radeon HD7750 seems up to the task for Roxio.

Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750 HD7750-1GD5-V2 Video Card - 1GB, DDR5, PCI-Express 3.0, 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Display Port, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, CrossFireX Ready, Overclocked

Yes I have. Shut off all anti virus stuff, "repaired" and rebooted, etc. Updated motherboard and video drivers. The dual monitor settings seem to be part of the issue (or helping it.) When I shut off support of the 2nd monitor, the 8004600 error goes away, but it will crash somewhere in the processing the video for the DVD (or file.)

I really appreciate the help, but thought I would try a different way to get to the end goal of usability. The reason of this post was to see if there recommend card or chipset that Roxio uses and that they test on and if so, get that card. I know that there are many different hardware/software combos that are out there but thought if they recommend 1 or several cards then I would upgrade to one of those. Does that make sense? If I had the "recommended" card, then that would help eliminate that as an issue.

thank you!

KRS

Yes I have. Shut off all anti virus stuff, "repaired" and rebooted, etc. Updated motherboard and video drivers. The dual monitor settings seem to be part of the issue (or helping it.) When I shut off support of the 2nd monitor, the 8004600 error goes away, but it will crash somewhere in the processing the video for the DVD (or file.)

I really appreciate the help, but thought I would try a different way to get to the end goal of usability. The reason of this post was to see if there recommend card or chipset that Roxio uses and that they test on and if so, get that card. I know that there are many different hardware/software combos that are out there but thought if they recommend 1 or several cards then I would upgrade to one of those. Does that make sense? If I had the "recommended" card, then that would help eliminate that as an issue.

thank you!

KRS

There is no one recommended card.

Have you tried rendering in software over hardware?

... The dual monitor settings seem to be part of the issue (or helping it.) When I shut off support of the 2nd monitor, the 8004600 error goes away, but it will crash somewhere in the processing the video for the DVD (or file.)

thank you!

KRS

You Never mentioned That before :huh:

You may not realize it, but you describing two completly different issues now...

The error message and a different software error!

Try what cd suggests and see what that does ;)

CD - I tried software rendering and had the same issue. I also tried burning to a file instead of disc and no luck.

Jim - In my original post of the problem in the errors section (of which you were very helpful, thank you) someone had posted about disabling the 2nd monitor. I tried it and reported back in that post. Or, were you saying that I never mentioned it in this post? This post was not a diagnosis of the problem, but looking to turn the page and get a new card if it helped.

But yes, if both monitors are running = it never attempts to process video and I get an instant Error 8004600.

If I disable 2nd monitor = I do not get that error and all seems well at first. It will start processing video for DVD project....but at some variable point it will crash before it finishes.

thanks guys!

Kris

Edited by KRS62

The source video is HD, the production around 35 min and the quality is very high. I am attempting to make a Blu Ray. (I think I tried to make a DVD too, but do not remember for sure.) As an FYI, it produces the video just fine in Video Wave. The error is in creating a disc in My DVD.

I will try your suggestion later today and see what happens.

OK, just trying to keep it straight!

What happens if you slap together a new BD Project, throw in a few still pics and Burn to File?

Assuming that works, do another New Project with one of the Windows sample WMM files. What happens?

When I do that, here's the error I get:

Failed to initialize AuthorScript.

Failed to initialize AuthorScript. Error while Opening Project

Read through the following link, and see if something there helps you. It is for AVCHD, but substitute Blu-Ray for the AVCHD.

http://forums.suppor...-an-avchd-disc/

I followed them, but no luck. (I will reboot and try again.) It started out great, but got to 99% in the render process and sat there for over an hour. (2 1/2 minute HD video with a few pics.) So, I cancelled it. It wasn't "locked up" per say..as it allowed me to cancel and exit software.

OK, I am back after wearing out another treadmill... NOT!

The authorscript error is a hard one to pin down!

2 approaches are needed, one for a possible corruption within the software and the other to address the files that are being used...

For the files, you may have to use the VideoWave editor and perform an Export As with each and every file in your project :huh:

It is a rough way to go, but sometimes it is the only way ~ luckly it doesn't seem to be needed for every project ;)

The other approach is to do a proper repair to make sure that no corruption within the program is causing or contributing to the error...

For that:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Thanks for the write up Jim. I will try what you posted. (I tried a repair once in the past.) That got me thinking however, I have a download copy of the install files. Meaning, I do not have a disc. Do you think that could be part of the issue when doing a repair?

Kris

No, just run that download where I say 'insert your Roxio disc' ;)

PLEASE burn a copy of that download to a Disc :o

Hi Jim....just out of curiosity why do you say burn it to a disc? Is this for installation reasons or to ensure I do not lose it? (I have it backed up remotely if that is the concern.) Thanks! Kris

Hi Jim....just out of curiosity why do you say burn it to a disc? Is this for installation reasons or to ensure I do not lose it? (I have it backed up remotely if that is the concern.) Thanks! Kris

I think Jim means to just have a backup copy which you have done "remotely". Where is "remotely"? Can you get to it at any time? If not then I would also make a disc copy.

Are you trying to repair from the remote site? I would copy it to a local drive and do the repait from there.