greenice

Nxt Hangs If More Than 6 Chapters In Mydvd

Create slideshow with 110-150 pictures, create file (mpeg), to be produced in MyDVD with menus and chapters. Can only make 6 chapters. NXT hangs when trying to access more than 6 chapters created. Does this have to do with amount of RAM on ones computer?

Create slideshow with 110-150 pictures, create file (mpeg), to be produced in MyDVD with menus and chapters. Can only make 6 chapters. NXT hangs when trying to access more than 6 chapters created. Does this have to do with amount of RAM on ones computer?

It has nothing to do with RAM.

myDVD can create up to 99 chapters per Title (movie) on a DVD.

I assume that your slideshow will be one Title on the main menu page and that you want to create a number of chapters for that Title. Is that correct?

Please tell us the procedure you are currently using.

This is correct. Say 120+ pixs on slideshow created via "create slideshow" sent to Videowave for editing then to MyDvd to make menues and chapters. In MyDvd, NXT (as did Creator 2010) if make more than 6+ chapters, thus more pages, program hangs/does not respond. Same with videos if say create 40+ min of video in Videowave, send to MyDvd, program hangs.

And, hangs both laptop and desktop. If not RAM then processor/power? Computer Specs:

Desktop:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.7 GHz

3.00 GB RAM (2.75 GB usable)

32-bit OS

Laptop:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00GHz

4.00 GB RAM (3.87 usable)

64-bit OS

Sure would like to do 99 chapters.

This is correct. Say 120+ pixs on slideshow created via "create slideshow" sent to Videowave for editing then to MyDvd to make menues and chapters. In MyDvd, NXT (as did Creator 2010) if make more than 6+ chapters, thus more pages, program hangs/does not respond. Same with videos if say create 40+ min of video in Videowave, send to MyDvd, program hangs.

RAM is not the problem nor are your systems.

Please explain with some detail exactly what you are doing. What menu style are you using.? Do you have only one Title on your main menu page?

How are you creating the chapters? How long in time is your whole project?

Why would you like to have 99 chapters? You certainly do not want to go thru 15plus menu pages to find a chapter!! :wacko:

Use VideoWave to put together video clips and make one video file. Send to MyDvd - have one title (video). Create chapters by clicking video then "edit chapters". I create motion menues sometime 60 seconds long. I change menu audio, pick own. Change video type from bottom screen SP, Long Play, Fit Disc, etc. depending on get "red" colour. Been playing with video length in VideoWave, size of motion menues, and how many video clips that make up the one video file before sending to MyDvd to find problem. Complete video file is sometimes 40+ minutes. Is there a maximum? - thought this would be based on type of computer, RAM, processor, etc. When making SlideShow do similar things in MyDVD.

Use VideoWave to put together video clips and make one video file. Send to MyDvd - have one title (video). Create chapters by clicking video then "edit chapters". I create motion menues sometime 60 seconds long. I change menu audio, pick own. Change video type from bottom screen SP, Long Play, Fit Disc, etc. depending on get "red" colour. Been playing with video length in VideoWave, size of motion menues, and how many video clips that make up the one video file before sending to MyDvd to find problem. Complete video file is sometimes 40+ minutes. Is there a maximum? - thought this would be based on type of computer, RAM, processor, etc. When making SlideShow do similar things in MyDVD.

What menu style are you using? How are you creating the chapters? Why are you creating 60 sec motion menues?

Always use HQ quality setting, never use Fit-to-disc - it gives the worst quality and is basically useless especially if your project is over 60 minutes in length. A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of HQ video.

If you are creating one video file then how can you be playing around with "many video clips that make up the one video file before sending to MyDvd"?

What does this mean "When making SlideShow do similar things in MyDVD."?

I don't change the menu style when first start MyDvd. I change the button style, change menu backgrounds to 30-120 second motion menues, and change menu audio picking my own. Sometimes I do change quality to HQ but sometimes get red bar meaning production is now too long so adjust. Now before using MyDvd my production starts in VideoWave where I put a number of video clips together to make one mpeg file. Once VideoWave outputs or makes this one video file I bring this file into MyDvd.

For Slideshows I use Roxio Slideshow Assistant. Sometimes I create a file at the end of Assistant and sometimes send to VideoWave to make an mpeg file. From Roxio Slideshow Assistant or VideoWave, the file produced is brought into MyDvd.

The hanging occurs in MyDvd.

I don't change the menu style when first start MyDvd. I change the button style, change menu backgrounds to 30-120 second motion menues, and change menu audio picking my own. Sometimes I do change quality to HQ but sometimes get red bar meaning production is now too long so adjust. Now before using MyDvd my production starts in VideoWave where I put a number of video clips together to make one mpeg file. Once VideoWave outputs or makes this one video file I bring this file into MyDvd.

For Slideshows I use Roxio Slideshow Assistant. Sometimes I create a file at the end of Assistant and sometimes send to VideoWave to make an mpeg file. From Roxio Slideshow Assistant or VideoWave, the file produced is brought into MyDvd.

The hanging occurs in MyDvd.

You never answer all my questions :( How are you creating the chapters -step-by-step please!

What happens if you just stay with defaults - don't fool around with button style, motion menues, etc.

Personally I hardly ever spend much time with menus after all nobody is interested in watching a 2 minute menu :)

When creating slideshows don't bother with the Assistant just use Videowave to create the slideshow.

If your project is too long for the HQ setting try one of the other settings, just never used Fit-to-disc.

Edited by myguggi

In MyDvd, I click the movie to highlight it, then on left side I click "Edit Chapters". A pop up window comes up. I play movie and each time I want to add a chapter I click "Add Chapter". On right side, chapters are added. And as you mentioned, 99 of these can be made. But if I make too many, say 7+, MyDvd hangs.

After hours of trial and error maybe figured out. Slideshow was 3.1 Gig and completed production with motion menues, 6 chapters, and own audio. But video clips comprised of avi, avchd, mov, and mpeg output into one mpeg file using Videowave to next make production in MyDVD with menues, audio, etc., similar to slideshow could not be done. Solution, used Copy and Convert to convert all video clips into mpeg files, then combine all mpeg files using Videowave making sure total size of file is around 3 Gig to be able to add motion menues, audio, etc., and making sure when in MyDvd chapters made are not too close together. One production completed using these methods. Will try another. Did not have problems producing before when I used Roxio 2008 and didn't use AVCHD clips. I got Creator 2010, then NXT, and panasonic camcorder T900 that records in AVCHD, and I think Creator 2010 and NXT have difficulty with AVCHD video clips.