• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn Dvd From Avi Files

BHill

Question

I previously used the older version of VHS to DVD to capture several clips, which were saved as AVI files. Now that I'm on Windows 8, I paid to upgrade to the latest VHS to DVD 3 so that I could use it on my machine. However, I found that when i try to import the clips I captured with the old version of the software, the new version gives me this:

"The selected file is not supported."

How can I get these clips imported into a project for burning?

2 answers to this question

I previously used the older version of VHS to DVD to capture several clips, which were saved as AVI files. Now that I'm on Windows 8, I paid to upgrade to the latest VHS to DVD 3 so that I could use it on my machine. However, I found that when i try to import the clips I captured with the old version of the software, the new version gives me this:

"The selected file is not supported."

How can I get these clips imported into a project for burning?

VHS2DVD3 does not support avi files, only mpg.

You will have to recapture.

Too bad you "downgraded" to the terrible W8

Edited by myguggi

Following up on what Walt said, there may be another way if you can't recapture. Go to c/net .com and download a FREE video converter. As an example look at "Any Video Converter" and similar. That is not a recommendation to get that one; Get one that will convert the AVI file to mpg2. If you do go to cnet, do not use the large download button, use the direct download like just below that. It will load the program but not the junk.

Let us know what you try and if you have success.