Sign in to follow this  
JakubRekza

Glitchy Video When Recording *please Helo*

Question

Hey Guys so I bought a roxio and at first it was working perfectly fine, until recently I have had weird distortion in my videos which would also cause the audio to do the same,

Here's a preview of what im working with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxOgQ8SV0I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmtZd3hBKXDDdtUyJlBRu_A

Also My PC specs are:

-AMD FX 6100

-AMD RADEON HD 5700 1GB DDR5

-GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MOTHERBOARD

-640 GB WD HARD DRIVE

Please Help guys Thank you

9 answers to this question

You need to check your vidoe card software and make sure you have it set at Stock Settings ~ NO Tweeking allowed!

No multitasking during capture!

Need to have lots of disk free space and it needs to be defragged.

(and it is ALL of the above, not just one ;) )

Hi thanks for your help but how do I go about restoring the video card to stock setting I really dont remember changing any settings also I am using The AMD catalyst software as the driver for my graphics card, as for the disk defragment i did it 2 days ago and i have 500 GB free space

Hi thanks for your help but how do I go about restoring the video card to stock setting I really dont remember changing any settings also I am using The AMD catalyst software as the driver for my graphics card, as for the disk defragment i did it 2 days ago and i have 500 GB free space

It would be through your AMD Catalyst Software AND if you haven't changed anything in there, it is unlikely it needs 'fixed' ;)

And at what Time Point is some of this in your Video ~ I hate watching 3 1/2 minutes of video Hoping I can find what you asked about :lol:

I use nVidia, and what helped with me was setting display mode to "Single Display Performance Mode". I haven't owned AMD or ATi for over 7 years so I have little insight in the catalyst settings, but I suggest you look for something similar in catalyst.

PS. I only encountered this with HDMI input recording, not with component. If the problems persist, you might want to consider switching to component cables. Best of luck!

Edited by ThechemistNL

I use nVidia, and what helped with me was setting display mode to "Single Display Performance Mode". I haven't owned AMD or ATi for over 7 years so I have little insight in the catalyst settings, but I suggest you look for something similar in catalyst.

PS. I only encountered this with HDMI input recording, not with component. If the problems persist, you might want to consider switching to component cables. Best of luck!

Good suggestions!

Thanks! ;)

Hey Guys so I bought a roxio and at first it was working perfectly fine, until recently I have had weird distortion in my videos which would also cause the audio to do the same,

Here's a preview of what im working with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxOgQ8SV0I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmtZd3hBKXDDdtUyJlBRu_A

Also My PC specs are:

-AMD FX 6100

-AMD RADEON HD 5700 1GB DDR5

-GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MOTHERBOARD

-640 GB WD HARD DRIVE

Please Help guys Thank you

Hey bro, I have the same issues with mine. I gave up. My video gets artifacts ALL THE TIME. I have noticed it happens when I first start the game and when the map changes on call of duty. Like when the screen goes black when loading then the picture shows up. My little fix is clicking the bit rate bar just one click when the artifacts show up and then it goes away until the screen goes black again and loads a new map and the artifacts return. This is obviously a driver issue with the capture device itself. Roxio doesn't want to admit it. I am considering filing a complaint with the better business bureau to get things done.

And the people saying it is because of overclocking or not leaving things stock. I call BS. I have tried the same capture device on 3 different laptops and 2 desktops. All but one was stock from the factory and the device did the same exact thing.