• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I used the software and recorded for the first time last night and it appeared to work perfectly. However, when it finished, I received the message that there was a problem with the media player. I ejected the DVD and tried to play it and all I got was the Title Page with intro music. I used a DVD-RW. Is that the problem?

Edited by ChristinaRose

8 answers to this question

DVD RW's can cause problems but I use them all the time for testing!

What we really need to know is ALL of the details about your project ~ Total Time, Quality, What are you Playing With, etc. ;)

However, when it finished, I received the message that there was a problem with the media player. I ejected the DVD and tried to play it and all I got was the Title Page with intro music.

Windows media player playing the RW disc?

" I ejected the DVD and tried to play it" where in what?

OK....I'm trying to transfer an OLD VHS tape to a DVD. I followed all of the instructions, and when it was done (30 min later), I ejected the DVD, re-inserted it and tried to play what I had recorded...got nothing. My computer system is VISTA (ugh) and my Windows Media Player is up to date. I'm recording to a DVD+RW. I can tell on the DVD that something was recorded, but it looks like it was about 30 minutes of a title page. So - I tried again tonight and recorded only about 2 minutes on a new DVD and now it's hung up on the "Finishing..this may take several minutes" window.

Rather than beating this horse, I think it is time to recommend that you get some DVD R media and put the RW aside...

Get a GOOD brand such as Verbatim (Singapore) and Taiyo Yuden (JVC)!

RUN away from store brands etc.!!!

I can do that today....I'm hesitant to ask the question...BUT....I will risk the possibility of your wrath.....other than the Brand, is there any other specifics when purchasing the DVD R? Are there different kinds?

My Wrath is bigger than my bite :lol:

Yes there are, they come in 2 formats, 'Plus' (DVD+R) and 'Dash' (DVD-R)...

BOTH claim 80+% compatibility -_-

I prefer 'Plus' but many prefer 'Dash'. point is, Get Some - Try Them!

If someone complains about not being able to read one, you can get some of the other ones later and try it then ;)

Thank you so much....I will experiment with both...I know you will be sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see if it solves the issue....if it doesn't....I'll be back. Have a great day!

Yes I will be watching the Topic to see how it turns out!

Some other info about RW's:

They are harder to write TO due to the erasable dye that they use.

They are NOT considered permanent, due to the dye that they use! It can fade over time and with repeated uses and fail.

They can fail without any hint beforehand, due to the dye that they use :lol: